• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2 questions -- BB and AK game functions
03-09-2011, 10:15 AM,
2 questions -- BB and AK game functions
1.) How do you attain green earth/ground visuals as opposed to brown in CMAK? I have a QB battle going on in Italy, Aug '44, and the ground is generally green. Trying to design a game the same month, in Italy, the ground is all brown. (Who's the gardener anyway???~haha)

2.) With CMBO or CMAK, how do you achieve 'hull down' using armor? Do you advance the plotting line just a few yards ahead, or do you advance it by actually setting the goal as your target in the distance??? (I know what hull-down means, am just wondering how it works in the game.)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2011, 02:28 AM,
RE: 2 questions -- BB and AK game functions
I know that July '44 in Italy will give you green terrain. You will just have to play with it some to find the upper and lower months and years that will do the same.

Are you asking about the HULL DOWN command or how we all try to get into hull down positions? I never use the HULL DOWN command and just rely on getting down to level 1 visually and manually move into hull down from there. I will switch back and forth from the target that I want to be in hull down against and just tweek things untill I feel that I have it right.[/u]
03-11-2011, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011, 03:39 AM by Mad Baron.)
Yes, the Hull Down command. Have never really understood how it worked from the menu list. I don't know what ''level 1 visually'' is...I have always just crept forward to a spot I felt would be hull down, and work from that point (also using Hunt). I guess I'll just have to practice the Hull Down command to see how it works.

Well, I get green and brown both in August '44...and it doesn't seem I can actually try to get one or the other, it is just random terrain that gets placed. Maybe should just revert to July '44 if that guarantees green terrain. :conf:
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM,
I have it written down somewhere, but I don't remember where. I do not play CMAK enough to remember.
03-12-2011, 06:46 PM,
To make the ground green I think you need to change the 'earth type' in the editor. That isn't the official name, but I know there is Field that let's you pick arid, sandy, or dirt.
"Duck I says" -- Little Bill
Send this user an email
03-13-2011, 02:51 AM,
(03-11-2011, 03:08 AM)Mad Baron Wrote: Yes, the Hull Down command. Have never really understood how it worked from the menu list. I don't know what ''level 1 visually'' is...I have always just crept forward to a spot I felt would be hull down, and work from that point (also using Hunt). I guess I'll just have to practice the Hull Down command to see how it works.

Well, I get green and brown both in August '44...and it doesn't seem I can actually try to get one or the other, it is just random terrain that gets placed. Maybe should just revert to July '44 if that guarantees green terrain. :conf:

1. Hull Down:
Highlight the vehicle, click on the Hull Down then drag the "way point" to the relative position you want to be Hull Down to. Once that location is click/confirmed the vehicle will then move towards that way point until it finds the Hull Down and will stop there in a Hull Down. Very good tool.

2. Green ground in Med.
Ratzki is onto it....might want to switch from Italy to Combined to get the Green.

#
Send this user an email
03-13-2011, 05:30 AM,
Thanks on how to properly use the Hull Down command!

As for terrain type, yes, there are choices something like dirt, desert, arid rocks, or so. Plus the 'all regions combined' option is available. Funny--I can get green terrain using dirt/Italy in Aug 44, but the same thing is brown terrain in Aug 43. Summer of 1943 must not have seen good rainfall!~haha

;)
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM,
(03-13-2011, 05:30 AM)Mad Baron Wrote: Funny--I can get green terrain using dirt/Italy in Aug 44, but the same thing is brown terrain in Aug 43. Summer of 1943 must not have seen good rainfall!~haha

;)

That is strange
"Duck I says" -- Little Bill
Send this user an email
03-17-2011, 05:19 AM,
Thanks Bear. Learn something new everyday.