• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for British Airborne Battles
02-20-2011, 03:07 AM,
Looking for British Airborne Battles
Do any WWII British Airborne scenarios exist such as Pegasus Bridge?

I don't believe any such scenarios were released with ES. Did anyone ever create any 3rd party ones and new unit art?

If so, where are they hiding?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2011, 04:20 AM,
RE: Looking for British Airborne Battles
It would be cool to have everything about ww2. Airborne always comes to mind very quickly from small to large scenarios. I thought, somebody make a scenario for one bn of the 82nd at Nijmegen. Then make a scenario for the 2nd bn, then the 3rd. Then take all three of those and tie them together like somebody did with Danube in Modern campaigns and you have a regimental scenario. Do that for all the rgts and then tie them together and you have a scenario for the whole div. That gives you 12 bn, 4 rgt and one div scenario. Large or small, something for everybody or a team. Do all the divs that way and tie them together and you have Market-Garden at the Squad battles level. I know, my mind is always thinking somewhere else. But if anybody can do it, the powers that be can.
02-20-2011, 08:50 AM,
All good things come to those who are patient.....
02-21-2011, 07:34 AM,
Sounds like a new SB titles, OJW.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-21-2011, 07:51 AM,
http://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-s...es-strike/

See the European Add on at the end of the page. It's about as close as you'll get to what you're looking for.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-21-2011, 08:52 AM,
(02-20-2011, 04:20 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: ...a scenario for one bn of the 82nd at Nijmegen. Then make a scenario for the 2nd bn, then the 3rd. ...

That reminds me of that line out of the film "A Bridge too Far" -where Ryan O'Neal's Dutch adviser tells him that in 1940 the Germs tried to take Nijmegen bridge with paratroopers and got slaughtered....

I'd love to see some German actions as well... but then again I am a sucker for early war stuff :smoke:
Bydand
Send this user an email
02-22-2011, 02:25 PM,
Would there be scenarios in that add on? It appears I did everything right, but don't seem to find any scenarios with Brit, Fr etc. I could have done something wrong, but it doesn't seem like it.
02-23-2011, 02:59 AM,
Go to the scenario section of the site, look at the bottom of the page.

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/sb-game-resour...es-strike/
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-23-2011, 03:17 AM,
(02-23-2011, 02:59 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Go to the scenario section of the site, look at the bottom of the page.

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/sb-game-resour...es-strike/

I totally forgot all about those European add-on scenarios being over there.

Thanks!
02-24-2011, 07:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM by Wolfgang.)
Would love to see operation mercury in squad battles or junction city in vietnam? Or a North Africa version.
(02-20-2011, 04:20 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: It would be cool to have everything about ww2. Airborne always comes to mind very quickly from small to large scenarios. I thought, somebody make a scenario for one bn of the 82nd at Nijmegen. Then make a scenario for the 2nd bn, then the 3rd. Then take all three of those and tie them together like somebody did with Danube in Modern campaigns and you have a regimental scenario. Do that for all the rgts and then tie them together and you have a scenario for the whole div. That gives you 12 bn, 4 rgt and one div scenario. Large or small, something for everybody or a team. Do all the divs that way and tie them together and you have Market-Garden at the Squad battles level. I know, my mind is always thinking somewhere else. But if anybody can do it, the powers that be can.

I like your thinking - this would rock.
Send this user an email