• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mud
02-17-2011, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2011, 04:34 AM by typhoon.)
Mud
No pictures today and I should probably post this at matrix but so want this place to take off thought I would try here. The question is when the mud arrives is it best as German to do nothing? Or are a few limited attacks worth while? I suppose also should ask the same question for the Soviets when the mud comes whats best to do stay put and wait for Blizzard or begin a few attacks on the Germans?
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2011, 04:38 AM,
RE: Mud
Based on history, rather than playing the game, I would lean toward both sides mostly resting in mud. There would be exceptions I am sure, but that would be my initial guess. And adjust based on experience once there are a few mud turns played to see what the results of any actions are.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-17-2011, 04:46 AM,
Well I've reached mud for the first time not having got that far agianst the A.I. I decided to play it like you say Rick based on history and a bit from the old WIR Mud was a time for rest. So I've removed most of the Panzers from the front line put them on railhead refitting and decided to hold still with the infantry and see what happens. Just worried I might be missing an oppertunity somewhere along the line both Lenningrad and Moscow are calling visible on a clear day :-) but all illusive.
02-17-2011, 04:48 AM,
(02-17-2011, 04:38 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Based on history, rather than playing the game, I would lean toward both sides mostly resting in mud. There would be exceptions I am sure, but that would be my initial guess. And adjust based on experience once there are a few mud turns played to see what the results of any actions are.

It's a good opportunity for resting, indeed.

The two most important factors - in my opinion - to decide whether or not to conduct operations are the following:
* Supply is modelled so vehicles are taken from the motor pool to connect your HQs with the nearest railhead. These vehicles have 50 MPs and pay the same costs as motorized units. The amount of MPs needed to trace a supply route from the nearest railhead to the HQ prescribes the amount of supply the HQ actually receives. HQs, then, with their own internal motor pool distribute supply to subordinate units.
* Attacking non-clear hexes during mud is a bad idea. If I recall correctly attackers are penalized during tactical combat by allowing the defenders "extra" firing rounds. Combat also results in a greater amount of fatigue and higher chances for motorized elements to get damaged.
02-17-2011, 06:08 AM,
(02-17-2011, 04:34 AM)typhoon Wrote: .......and I should probably post this at matrix but so want this place to take off thought I would try here.

You can always post this at Matrix as well and bring the any info back over here to inform the players on this ladder. ;)

Assuming that guys over there know more......Big Grin
02-17-2011, 08:05 AM,
I have tried mud attacks against the Soviet AI and it is not very productive....I would rest...but try a few high odds attacks...

Marquo :smoke:
02-17-2011, 05:21 PM,
You won't get far anyway if you launched an offensive.
Limited attacks are ok.
Send this user an email