• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WulfsMod v3.2 updated - Modern War Mod is done + Vietnam/PacWar goodies
02-13-2011, 11:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011, 02:07 PM by Wolfgang.)
WulfsMod v3.2 updated - Modern War Mod is done + Vietnam/PacWar goodies
- Task Force Echo 4 has been kind enough to add my mod for download from their site!
http://tfe4.wordpress.com/

Thx bigredone and thx JT and company for putting out such an excellent game^^

-Updated today to include important terrain graphic updates to City and Town hexes, and more Tour of Duty and PacWar goodies.

WulfsMod Complete

This is a graphics enhancement mod for Modern War and represents the complete package of mods I've authored with all the latest updates. For those using the mod already - new updates have been folded in so you may wanna check it out^^

This mod is generic enough that you could probably use it in any squad battles game taking place in desert/mountain (or jungle terrain with the vietnam mod).

I use it in Tour of Duty, Pacific War and Modern War:

[Image: 7beb0b16f3WulfsModv3.jpg]

* New Universal Terrain Files for Desert/Mountain Warfare & Jungle War.
* New 'Universal' counters and boxes for:
U.S. Army and Airborne + Taliban, Iraqi Coalition, Iraqi Army, Iraqi Insurgent boxes and counters.
* New Symbols:
The symbols update is designed as well to be able to fit into any squad battles games and uses many of the familiar icons only polished up a bit - along with some new ones by me.

Check it out in my files section:

U.S. Airborne Universal:
[Image: 5b379cf24eAirborneCounterScheme.JPG]

[Image: 6f2ec9a349WulfsPacNamMod.jpg]

[Image: 4402353e54WulfsMWModv2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2011, 01:30 PM,
RE: WulfsMod v1 - A Graphics Enhancement for Modern War
Hey by the way there big red - I think this is ready for task force echo if you'd like to put a copy there.
Send this user an email
02-14-2011, 05:37 AM,
(02-13-2011, 01:30 PM)Ironwulf Wrote: Hey by the way there big red - I think this is ready for task force echo if you'd like to put a copy there.

Looks quite good. Well done. ;)
02-14-2011, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM by Wolfgang.)
Well hey thank you very much^^.
Its not over yet though - i'm still workin on other areas of modern war.

*Plus*

I think Tour of Duty and Pacific War will show up tomorrow.
I've been waiting **years** to play a tactical Vietnam game and really excited bout playing pacific war too.
So i know for sure i'm gonna mod the us troops (classic colors we all associate with that war) and the imperial japanese troops to really evoke the look and feel of their era. Basically the counters and boxes.
Unless there are mods out there already for those games. If those look good ill just use them and work on other stuff. :)

Since tactical warfare in desert, mountain and jungle environments seems to be where i like to play the most, I will most likely polish those graphics. Plus a great deal of the mod work seems to focus on the european theaters of conflict so this could be a nice 'add' to the sqb community hopefully.

(btw: I noticed too that there is a north africa squad battles out there...
Anyone got that??
And is there a mod for that already?)
Send this user an email
02-15-2011, 01:37 AM,
Will do. I've got a few things to put on the site. Will get it up there this week.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-15-2011, 04:21 AM,
Looking forward to the Tour of Duty mod. Am already planning on porting it to SB:V and the terrain to Dien Bien Phu...
02-15-2011, 05:49 AM,
Take a look over at TFE4 for what has been done, mod wise for all the titles. Scenarios as well.

The Africa mod is modern, not WWII based.

(02-14-2011, 01:54 PM)Ironwulf Wrote: Well hey thank you very much^^.
Its not over yet though - i'm still workin on other areas of modern war.

*Plus*

I think Tour of Duty and Pacific War will show up tomorrow.
I've been waiting **years** to play a tactical Vietnam game and really excited bout playing pacific war too.
So i know for sure i'm gonna mod the us troops (classic colors we all associate with that war) and the imperial japanese troops to really evoke the look and feel of their era. Basically the counters and boxes.
Unless there are mods out there already for those games. If those look good ill just use them and work on other stuff. :)

Since tactical warfare in desert, mountain and jungle environments seems to be where i like to play the most, I will most likely polish those graphics. Plus a great deal of the mod work seems to focus on the european theaters of conflict so this could be a nice 'add' to the sqb community hopefully.

(btw: I noticed too that there is a north africa squad battles out there...
Anyone got that??
And is there a mod for that already?)
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-15-2011, 09:37 AM,
Well im truly thrilled to game vietnam and look forward to working on that... actually more than modern war.

And i'm really keen on putting together a set of scenarios for it that explore Operation Buffalo in 1967 based on Keith Nolan's book. I'm sure there are some scenarios already from that op and maybe a campaign already... I'll find out as it just arrived today!!
Send this user an email
02-18-2011, 11:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM by jomni.)
Your graphics mod gives a nice boardgame look.
Send this user an email
02-22-2011, 03:53 AM,
RE: WulfsMod v3 - Modern War Mod is done + Vietnam/PacWar goodies
Just a post to let peeps know that I pretty much finalized this graphics enhancement package and I probably wont update it for some time to come.

Those using it now - there are new updates in it so may wanna check it out.

Good luck out there and have fun!
Send this user an email