• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An easy way to access update/patch information at the HPS site.
02-04-2011, 09:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011, 01:57 PM by Ricky B.)
Thumbs_Up  An easy way to access update/patch information at the HPS site.
Guys,
I have created a Word doc. that allows you to click on any PZC/MC/FWWC title and be taken straight to the relevant changes page at the HPS site, try it out and see what you think, you need to hold down the Ctrl key when you click on the title for the Hyperlink to work and it should automatically connect to the net if you are offline.

Let me know if it works OK.......;)

Here is a PDF version for those having problems with the doc - and shouldn't require a Ctrl click either :) (added by Ricky B):

.pdf   HPSUpdate.pdf (Size: 44.49 KB / Downloads: 47)
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2011, 01:20 PM,
RE: An easy way to access update/patch information at the HPS site.
Works for me!
02-04-2011, 03:11 PM,
This is what I see when I open it.

[Image: pzcdoc.jpg]
02-04-2011, 05:54 PM,
Hmmm that's odd, it works just fine on my home PC and my work PC, both are running XP but use different versions of MS Word.

Can you tell me which OS your PC is running (or is it a Mac?) and which version of Word you have please.

Anyone else have a problem with this??? :chin:
02-04-2011, 06:16 PM,
I am using XP.

Word Pad Version 5.1

Works Version 8.0

After the down load, when I click on file, to automatically opens to Word Pad.

If I manually select to open the file in works, all of the game titles can be seen however, the links will not work.
02-04-2011, 09:03 PM,
I'm using Open Office - and it is working all right for me, however I haven't tried opening it using Wordpad (don't have Works).

If I had to guess, it is because of one of those programs Checkmate used to open the file doesn't read a .doc file in the same way that Open Office or MS Word does. (Even Open Office gives you like 3 or 4 different .doc file formats you can use that match up with prior versions of MS Office ... which I guess must have to be some sort of compatibility issue).
Bydand
Send this user an email
02-05-2011, 12:39 AM,
Yup, talking to people at my end it would seem you need Word to open this correctly. :(
02-05-2011, 01:39 AM,
The link takes me to the page that gives a written description of the the changes contained in the patch but not to a page where you can actually download the lateset patch.
02-05-2011, 02:24 AM,
Foul et al, I added a link to a pdf of the doc and it should work for everyone. Bioman, as you say it is a link to the changes only - as Foul stated but I missed that too until I pdf'd it, not to the update itself.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-05-2011, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011, 05:29 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(02-05-2011, 01:39 AM)Bioman Wrote: The link takes me to the page that gives a written description of the the changes contained in the patch but not to a page where you can actually download the lateset patch.

My intention was never to link to the actual update files but to show the level to which each title was updated to in a user friendly way, without a file like this it is very time consuming to get this info. ;)
I have asked Rick to change the instructions on the PDF as the Ctrl key is no longer needed (as he said in post #1). :)