• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question/bug K43 3rd Tank @ Gates of Khar
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011, 01:47 AM by raizer.)
Question/bug K43 3rd Tank @ Gates of Khar
Playing mirror game vs hoff, who is kicking bad btw, and as the germans we have both found a minor bug with this scenario 0213-03, which is 3rd tank @ gates of Kharkov;

There are fixed german units that unfix on 2-13-43 at 0600. Both keith and I are coming into midnight of 2-14 and neither side has unfixed. Pretty sure this is a bug with the date. Maybe I can run it vs a hot seat a bunch of times when I get home from work to see if they unfix by the date but I have a feeling they wont. I think they are supposed to unfix 2-14 at 0600
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2011, 02:30 AM,
RE: Question/bug K43 3rd Tank @ Gates of Khar
I do not think this is a bug. IIRC it is a design feature.

The units in question are set with a release of 0%T in the release dialog. The T parameter means they are not to be released until one unit in the organization is spotted. This is set up with a 0% to represent garrison units that were tied by orders to stay at the city.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-04-2011, 02:37 AM,
ah snap...I didnt see the 0% i bet you right
02-04-2011, 03:32 AM,
NO BUG
Note the release is (0%T)
The "T" means it is a TRIGGERED release only
Send this user an email
02-04-2011, 01:01 PM,
Yep - design feature. Meant to provide some last ditch reinforcements when the Soviets advance far enough - but not before.

Also Raizer noticed you were posting comments in the scenario database - thank you. I am going to have a quick look at #0311_04_XLVIII Panzer Korp Tries Again - Crossing the Mzha and see if I can add a little more air etc to offset some of the Axis tactics you mentioned. Any change will come out in the first patch.

Thanks for playing!
02-04-2011, 01:05 PM,
(02-04-2011, 01:01 PM)Strela Wrote: Yep - design feature. Meant to provide some last ditch reinforcements when the Soviets advance far enough - but not before.

Also Raizer noticed you were posting comments in the scenario database - thank you. I am going to have a quick look at #0311_04_XLVIII Panzer Korp Tries Again - Crossing the Mzha and see if I can add a little more air etc to offset some of the Axis tactics you mentioned. Any change will come out in the first patch.

Thanks for playing!

yah test it out-the germans have such good track mobility and they can go T mode in the 1/2 tracks and run all over the battle field

btw Ive been playing HPS since kharkov came out over 10 years ago and the T for trigger with fixed units never registered for me-probably a case of me never updating the manuals. Gates of khar is a fun little game. I highly recommend it as a mirror game-sadly my buddy is doing better than me-as usual.