• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone play Conquest of the Aegean?
01-27-2011, 10:26 AM,
Anyone play Conquest of the Aegean?
Just curious if there was any interest in this.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2011, 07:12 AM,
RE: Anyone play Conquest of the Aegean?
Seems interesting alright, but there is no PBEM! jonny :angry:
03-29-2011, 12:19 AM,
RE: Anyone play Conquest of the Aegean?
(03-23-2011, 07:12 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Seems interesting alright, but there is no PBEM! jonny :angry:

I don't have Conquest of the Aegean but I do have Highway To The Reich (the second Airborne Assault title). The reason that there is no PBEM is that the game play is pausable continuous time. There is TCP/IP play though. HTTR is an interesting game. You don't have to micromanage every one of your units if you don't want to. You issue orders to your HQ units and your AI staff will figure out the best way to execute them. The AI staff is pretty good; most of the time they get it right. Sometimes, as in real life, they'll screw up & your best laid plans are shot to hell. Real life concepts like orders delay are built into the game.

The only problem(s) that I have with the Airborne Assault series are the graphics & sound. The graphics are pretty plain & the sounds aren't anything to get excited about.

Hope this helps...:)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe