• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Overlord Campaign
01-19-2011, 01:23 AM,
Overlord Campaign
I have looked over the files a bit and I think I can run a campaign using them. It will be taken from the original scenario file and modified for campaign play.
I have changed the map to set the three beachhead areas. I have left the OOB file as it was and the original scenario set up will be the same(even including all the battalion hqs and support weapons). There will be three scenarios one each for each beachead. Those of you that have played a campaign before will be familiar with how the time runs and visibility and darkness are added as needed. A day will equal about 60 turns after which the players will report using the WF linked campaign which is already in the data base. By doing this a game will get reported about every 60 turns which gives a bit more incentive to keep going.
The original designer did a huge amount of work in setting this up and I think it should be utilised. I was going to start an EF campaign but feel this will be a great campaign to run and since most of the grunt work has been done I think I will have time to do it. My regular games are winding down and I will run this instead of starting any new games of my own.

Of course all of the above will only happen if there is enough interest from the players. It will take 2 teams of at least three to a side for this to be a go. Each team will need a CIC. So, if you think you can get a team and want to see how you compare with the Allied and Axis commanders historically now is the time.

We need one German and one allied CIC. Please respond here if interested. First two responders will get the job. Team formation will be up to them as will beachead assignments etc etc....could be fun....who knows. Once two CICs respond if you wish to be available you should contact them. You can respond here if interested in playing but the first two who apply for CIC job will make final decision as to the makeup of thier teams. People do drop out from time to time so if you want to be put on an alternate list that will work too.

Remember there will be a game report every 60 turns so you will get credit for playing even if you can't do every part of the campaign.

I await your thots and responses.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2011, 01:43 AM,
RE: Overlord Campaign
I will try to find a team Earl.
01-19-2011, 01:57 AM,
I would be interested in participating in this Von Earlmann (but not as CIC) if the visibility thing is fixed. You just say in your post that visibility and darkness are added as needed. Forgive my ignorance but does this mean its fixed or not?
01-19-2011, 02:19 AM,
Interested as Allied CIC (I guess).

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
01-19-2011, 02:55 AM,
Hello,

I'm interested if someone needs a player...

Dragoon
01-19-2011, 03:25 AM,
(01-19-2011, 01:57 AM)falco Wrote: I would be interested in participating in this Von Earlmann (but not as CIC) if the visibility thing is fixed. You just say in your post that visibility and darkness are added as needed. Forgive my ignorance but does this mean its fixed or not?

A day is usually split into 6 scenarios. When a player receives a turn it will give the time period for that turn. This campaign will start with the time frame of 0000-0024 hours for turn one. Visibility will be based on the time of day etc. Weather is done with random dice rolls trying to keep it somewhat near historical if I can.Scenarios are 10 turns each and once finished the next one picks up from the exact spot of the previous. Once you see it work a few times it is pretty self explanatory.

I will also be randomizing the para drops a bit more at least for the first night turns.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-19-2011, 05:09 AM,
I offer my service as a Wehrmacht officer
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM,
I'll throw my name in the hat to play, either side will work for me

Chuck
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM,
ill play if theirs room any side
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM,
Unfortunately, I must withdraw from this fine campaign. I know it's going to be a hum dinger.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.