• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS site down...
01-11-2011, 06:32 AM,
c_Question Mark  HPS site down...
Is anyone else having problems accessing the HPS site? I've been trying to access it since yesterday & I can't. Neither Firefox nor IE will work but I can access other sites without any trouble.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 08:07 AM,
RE: HPS site down...
Yep, you are right. It seems like it is down at the moment.
Send this user an email
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM,
Okay thanks for the confirmation. I just tried it again & I'm still getting the message that the server has timed out (taking too long to respond).
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM,
Over on Wargamer.com Rich Hamilton is saying, according to Scott Hamilton it was due to a server dying.

Which reminds me to back up my info right now... :)
Bydand
Send this user an email
01-14-2011, 05:54 PM,
HPS site is back online.

It was fun reading some of the completely off the wall stuff posted as to why... unfortunately for some folks' imaginations, it seems more like servers can be fallible.

Good to see it back online, but man, I have to say it had gotten pretty deep in places Big Grin
Bydand
Send this user an email
01-16-2011, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2011, 11:47 PM by SG1.)
It is down again, it seems.

Hopefully we will get another surge of conspiracy theories to help get some patience.
01-16-2011, 01:42 AM,
Annoying that the site is back down. I had already removed the HPS Smolensk patch from my Smolensk mod.

The old offer still stands. For as long as the site is down, if someone needs a patch for a game that I've modded, I'll temporarily upload the patch to my mod at Task Force Echo Four.

But you'll have to contact me, either on this board or by e-mail (the address is in the readme files of my mods).
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
01-16-2011, 06:46 AM,
Yeah, I will bet Scott is more annoyed with the problem that interrupts his business more than you are Philippe. :rolleyes:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM,
...yep, and my own ISP's tower died too a couple of days ago.

CheckMate King 2 has uploaded quite a few of the patches to SDC

downloads.hist-sdc.com (Under Panzer Campaigns of course).

I got a sorta complete list and will see what I have and get those added when I can, but I contacted Rich Hamilton who is going to get the site the latests versions of all of the HPS patches, so in effect SDC will become a mirror site for the patches.
Bydand
Send this user an email
01-18-2011, 03:07 AM,
I guess I don't understand why there has been such an uproar over HPS's site having issues. It's not like that site gets updated daily, even weekly.

How many people don't have their games updated with the current patch, then would suddenly need one in some dire emergency?

Interestingly enough, there hasn't been one post on the SB board about this issue. I'm not even sure anyone even knew the site was down.

DS is right, this is hurting HPS more than anyone.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4