• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Campaigns Artillery Mines
12-28-2010, 07:41 AM,
Modern Campaigns Artillery Mines
Could someone please explain how Artillery Mines work. I am familiar on how to fire them however, that is it. Are they activated as soon as they hit the ground? Can the enemy tell where these types of mines are located? Are they intended for infantry or armor, etc.?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2010, 08:22 AM,
RE: Modern Campaigns Artillery Mines
Arty mines are quite simple, they are basically a way to self deploy a level 1 minefield, similarly to if you had an engineer place a minefield. So yes, the opponent sees it in his turn, if the hex is spotted, similar to all mines, they are activated as soon as fired, same use as a pre-deployed minefield, etc. Basically, just treat it as a standard minefield once you fire it.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-28-2010, 08:36 AM,
Thanks for the info.

What happens if there are enemy units already in the hex that the artillery mines were fired into?
12-28-2010, 08:42 AM,
There is no impact, just as if you moved into them and then stayed still - no impact. However, as you fire mines in your turn, they will always be unpenetrated at the start of your opponent turn, even with an engineer in place, I believe. So they could block supply traces for isolation in the enemy turn.

One thing to watch for, I don't believe mines will be deployed if fired into a hex with some kind of fortification marker in it, including IPs to Pillboxes. In this situation, the mine will be used but nothing will be deployed.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-28-2010, 08:49 AM,
Ok, thanks a bunch Ricky! :bow: I appreciate the help!
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM,
FWIW, units in minefields do no recover fatigue. So squatting in the mines, is not a place to rest a unit.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp