• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Did you guys see the NEWS on the new John Tiller SB coming soon?
12-14-2010, 07:54 AM,
Did you guys see the NEWS on the new John Tiller SB coming soon?
check out the message "Going Forward"

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2010, 08:04 AM,
RE: Did you guys see the NEWS on the new John Tiller SB coming soon?
Bottom line, if someone asks you what you would like for the holidays, tell them you need alots and lots of money for the new year! Big Grin
12-14-2010, 11:54 AM,
I particularly liked the line about "we are also doing investigations into smartphone development as an adjunct to our PC games". I don't have high expectations of seeing a full-blown version of SB on the smart phone (even though I can hold out hope), but a simple, yet intelligent and challenging smart phone strategy game would be most welcome! RoboDefense and AngryBirds are amusing, but an intelligent strategy game like an SB-lite would be a big seller. Of course, I'm reading an awful lot into just a short phrase, but one can dream. : )
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM,
With my Angrybird and Texas poker Iphone addiction, im not sure there is enough hours in a day for a SB lite :)
244 games with legend that is Richie61
12-14-2010, 10:24 PM,
SB on an IPad would rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-14-2010, 11:19 PM,
(12-14-2010, 10:24 PM)tallin Wrote: SB on an IPad would rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that!
12-14-2010, 11:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010, 11:43 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
Glenn's stirring the pot a little!

Thanks for catching this, I've got a toddler with a whole bunch of new teeth coming in. I'm a little groggy today...

I've been on the fence about an iPad, but if SB was compatible with the Apple format, it would push me over the hump.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
12-15-2010, 03:24 AM,
(12-14-2010, 11:42 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Glenn's stirring the pot a little!

Thanks for catching this, I've got a toddler with a whole bunch of new teeth coming in. I'm a little groggy today...

I've been on the fence about an iPad, but if SB was compatible with the Apple format, it would push me over the hump.

HANG ON GUYS - Smart Phones does not mean IPAD or even IPHONE nor was the comments directed at SB in particular. I really don't know what John has in the works here and while he used to have an iPhone, I believe he currently is using a Droid.

So I think we'll have to wait and see on this item - certainly I would before I bought hardware.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-15-2010, 03:41 AM,
I still struggle with texting!
12-15-2010, 04:04 AM,
(12-15-2010, 03:24 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 11:42 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Glenn's stirring the pot a little!

HANG ON GUYS - Smart Phones does not mean IPAD or even IPHONE nor was the comments directed at SB in particular. I really don't know what John has in the works here and while he used to have an iPhone, I believe he currently is using a Droid.

So I think we'll have to wait and see on this item - certainly I would before I bought hardware.

Glenn

Tell JT it's dangerous to casually throw nuggets out there like that! It raises expectations, oftentimes to a fantastical level! Lord knows he's getting plenty of 'interesting' feedback on the changes that have been put out recently. No-one's ever completely happy, or so it seems.

I'm still not totally sold on the iPad anyway. It will never have the power that a true laptop has, and they certainly aren't cheap.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4