• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles Red Victory
12-13-2010, 06:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2010, 06:17 PM by drjuzzy.)
Squad Battles Red Victory
Hi - am thinking about buying Squad Battles Red Victory but, to be honest, I'm put off by the visuals. I like IronX's mod but that's in the future.

I'm left wondering about game play.

Will RV play on Windows 7?

What are some of RV's best features?
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2010, 09:10 AM,
RE: Squad Battles Red Victory
Red Victory is my favorite Tiller game so far. For the visuals, I agree not to hot stock but IronX should have his mod out by Christmas...and you can use the map graphics from his AotR mod. For me that makes the most difference, now I can patiently wait for the rest.

Game play is classic SB and plays like the other SB titles, the engine changes were minor (see the HPS page for RV to see the additions/changes).

The best feature is the quality and quantity of scenarios IMHO. RV has the best scenarios of the SB titles I own, they are fun, varied, and pretty well balanced. There is also a ton of them 80+ if I recall correctly.

I do not know about how it plays on Windows 7 since I play it on XP. Some have complained about the screen going blank during artillery barrages. This happens to me also on XP...but instead of blank it just freezes and only happens sometimes. I am sure this issue will be resolved and it is only a minor thing.
12-16-2010, 11:35 AM,
(12-16-2010, 09:10 AM)gabeeg Wrote: Red Victory is my favorite Tiller game so far.
Game play is classic SB and plays like the other SB titles, the engine changes were minor (see the HPS page for RV to see the additions/changes).

The best feature is the quality and quantity of scenarios IMHO. RV has the best scenarios of the SB titles I own, they are fun, varied, and pretty well balanced. There is also a ton of them 80+ if I recall correctly.

I do not know about how it plays on Windows 7 since I play it on XP.

Pretty much sums it all for me as well
Im not fazed by visuals and actually prefer to play with 2D counters
244 games with legend that is Richie61
12-16-2010, 07:22 PM,
That's great, thanks guys. I've ordered a copy and will let you know how it palys out. It is the scenarios I'm interested in, although I always like the look of a good wargame.

Thanks for the heads up about the AotR map mod. I'll install that for a start.

Hopefully, they'll get IronX to do the graphics for subsequent games.

I'll play in 2d as the 3d mode takes me back 20 years...

I've been assured by my UK retailer that it works on W7. Fingers crossed.
12-17-2010, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 12:41 AM by GrayTalon.)
(12-16-2010, 07:22 PM)drjuzzy Wrote: That's great, thanks guys. I've ordered a copy and will let you know how it palys out. It is the scenarios I'm interested in, although I always like the look of a good wargame.

Thanks for the heads up about the AotR map mod. I'll install that for a start.

Hopefully, they'll get IronX to do the graphics for subsequent games.

I'll play in 2d as the 3d mode takes me back 20 years...

I've been assured by my UK retailer that it works on W7. Fingers crossed.

I have Tour of Duty and Eagles Strike and they play fine on Windows 7 for me, just make sure you do not install the game to the :\\Program Files folder. You should have no issues with Red Victory. Check out this link for more info http://www.hpssims.com/vistahelp.htm
12-18-2010, 05:48 AM,
Got it and it's running no problems, thanks. Can anyone direct me to IronX's AoTR mod please? Can't find it on his site :(
12-18-2010, 06:22 AM,
He does not have an AoTR mod, it's Eagle's Strike.

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-s...es-strike/
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4