• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Letter from Scott (Hamilton)
12-06-2010, 07:59 PM,
A Letter from Scott (Hamilton)
Source: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/whatsnew/scott.htm

Dear HPS Customers,

As of December 2010, HPS will no longer publish new games developed by John Tiller. We will continue to sell, and John has agreed to continue to support, the games we have already released and published. We wish him the best.

HPS has several new games scheduled for release in the next few months, including titles from Jim, Paul, Jeff and Scott.

All of our games will continue to be available on physical disk (both through direct purchase and through distributors); gradually we will make existing games available by Digital Download too. The DD process is already set up – it is straightforward, easy, and devoid of registration hassles.

The HPS “No Nonsense” end user license agreement (EULA), also remains unchanged – whether the game is purchased by digital download or disk. Customers can install the software on all computers they own, and install the software on an “opponent’s” computer for the purposes of playing the game – as long as the program is removed from the non-owner's computer once the game is finished.

HPS is committed to being, “The Wargamer's True Ally”. We will continue to treat our customers... our fellow gamers... as we would want to be treated. That has been the HPS way for over 21 years, and will continue as a cornerstone of the company's philosophy.

I sincerely thank all of you for your support over all of these years, and hope that you will continue to support HPS in the future.

-Scott Hamilton
HPS Simulations
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2010, 08:13 PM,
RE: A Letter from Scott (Hamilton)
This is one company that truly put customer interest above everything ...

Salute !
12-07-2010, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 08:18 PM by papajack.)
Dear Mr Scott Hamilton ,

Thank you for your kind understanding on the horror of e license based DRM and will not be using that in your upcoming digital download games

I am looking forward to pick up some non- PZC titles especially the Napoleon and Civil War era once the DD is ready

Cheers
12-07-2010, 08:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 08:20 PM by Volcano Man.)
Why don't you email your compliments directly to HPS? I doubt he reads this forum...
Send this user an email
12-07-2010, 08:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 08:26 PM by papajack.)
If he is commited to be the Wargamer True Ally , he will find time .........and I sincerely believe he will
12-08-2010, 01:45 AM,
Ed,

Don't waste your time, he doesn't want Mr Hamilton to read his compliments, he want to use the forementioned letter as a weapon against JTS DRM policy.

César
12-08-2010, 02:25 AM,
Damn. From the thread title I thought this was about the skater!
12-08-2010, 03:17 AM,
Someone is skating, that is for sure!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-08-2010, 04:20 AM,
Ya - Scott is a great guy. And he will be updating the link for the new HPS - PzC Budapest 45 shortly - we have released it to him the other day. So you can count on his support for the existing products.

Also - as he says - "Jim, Paul, Jeff and Scott" will all be releasing new titles before long and it is a great thing for the community to support the hobby in general. They won't be PzCs - not sure what their topics are. But I am sure they will be of interest to many players.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-08-2010, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 04:55 AM by papajack.)
I can't wait for the digital release of Napoleon , Civil War and the Modern Campaign ( Already own all PZC titles)

Hopefully it will be a good price ..hoping for a $29.90 :) or bundle release ...

Thank you , JT for your commitment to support the earlier titles and I will continue to support your future titles once the DRM has been removed

Cheers