• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Kharkov '43 Just Released
12-03-2010, 10:21 PM,
PzC Kharkov '43 Just Released
Kharkov '43 was just released as a Digital Download only.

Check it out!

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panzer...kov43.html
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2010, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM by BluntF.)
RE: PzC Kharkov '43 Just Released
This is awesome. John Tiller going Digital. HUZZAH
I totally bought this. Digital Download for the win
Send this user an email
12-03-2010, 11:36 PM,
This is some interesting stuff :

* Added new Bunker and Mine Prob Parameter Data Values and allowing non-bridge engineer units to construct Bunkers.
* Change so that Interdiction attacks have twice the chance of Disruption and can cause the loss of up to half the movement allowance in movement points.
* Added a range 1 hard target artillery fire modifier (see Users Manual under Firing).
* Added Optional Rule for delayed reporting of enemy Disruption.
* Change so that towed AT gun unit which changes to Travel Mode without expending any movement points prior to that change will not trigger enemy Opportunity Fire.
* Added Quality Fire Modifier Parameter Data Value which applies to quality A and B units.

(nice unit pictures btw!)
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"
12-03-2010, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2010, 12:08 AM by BluntF.)
Yeah the movement is really cut down to as he states in the designer notes:

Seasoned players of Panzer Campaigns will probably find the new movement costs in Kharkov ’43 the largest change to earlier titles. During the months of February and March 1943 there were substantial climactic changes with a mix of extremely heavy snow on the ground turning to mud (occasionally deep) followed by further periods of freeze and thaw. There was not a period of ‘dry ground’ that allowed rapid off road movement

If I am not mistaken some things are new in this version. First off the mouse wheel scroll up or down changes the map and now there are sound effects when a unit moves.
Send this user an email
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM,
Is there also an update for the game or are these changes only available in the digital download version at the moment?
12-04-2010, 12:08 AM,
It's interesting to see him selling them through his own site, which he's been improving gradually over the last couple of months. I wonder if this means he's no longer partnered with HPS for his games. Sure looks that way.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
12-04-2010, 12:09 AM,
(12-04-2010, 12:03 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Is there also an update for the game or are these changes only available in the digital download version at the moment?

This is a brand new title so not sure what you mean there. Are you thinking of Kursk 43?
Send this user an email
12-04-2010, 12:12 AM,
(12-04-2010, 12:09 AM)pvthudson01 Wrote:
(12-04-2010, 12:03 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Is there also an update for the game or are these changes only available in the digital download version at the moment?

This is a brand new title so not sure what you mean there. Are you thinking of Kursk 43?

Oops, thought it was Kharkov 42.
12-04-2010, 12:25 AM,
Just a heads up just posted:

With the release today of Panzer Campaigns: Kharkov '43 from John Tiller Software a new page has turned. This new title marks the beginning of a self-publishing effort by the JTS team as opposed to publishing through HPS Simulations. It also marks the beginning of Digital Downloads being offered for the current John Tiller products.

John TIller is still associated with HPS in that all existing software is still supported and will continue to be updated for the foreseeable future. All new content will go out over the new site however. HPS will continue to publish software from Scott Hamilton, Paul Bruffell & Jim Lunsford going forward & new material is slated to be making appearances in the not so distant future.

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/

http://forums.gamesquad.com/entry.php?10.....&bt=2638
Send this user an email
12-04-2010, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2010, 12:33 AM by Compass Rose.)
I've heard that all new John Tiller games will be DD, have a serial number, and will only be able to be loaded on ONE computer at a time! :(

I'm not a fan of DD! Plus the Price is TOO High for my liking!