• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Setting up Cs with Windows 7 Home ed
11-11-2010, 04:35 AM,
Setting up Cs with Windows 7 Home ed
Gentlemen, Iam having difficulty getting email CS moves to run with my new eddition of Windows 7 Home. I have downloaded CS from new a disk from Matrix & can play AI without problem. I can download email moves from opponents that show up on thescenario screen but when I go to launch the game, I get a battle file read error after the I click the Replay Message. When I click on to see replay I get a black screen with my opponents fire boxes appearing. When I click not to see replay, I get a black screen. HELP!!
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 05:22 AM,
RE: Setting up Cs with Windows 7 Home ed
(11-11-2010, 04:35 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Gentlemen, Iam having difficulty getting email CS moves to run with my new eddition of Windows 7 Home. I have downloaded CS from new a disk from Matrix & can play AI without problem. I can download email moves from opponents that show up on thescenario screen but when I go to launch the game, I get a battle file read error after the I click the Replay Message. When I click on to see replay I get a black screen with my opponents fire boxes appearing. When I click not to see replay, I get a black screen. HELP!!

Are you using the latest version available from Matrix?
Maybe your opponent has upgraded his and you haven't, just a thought.
11-11-2010, 06:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010, 10:10 PM by Kool Kat.)
(11-11-2010, 05:22 AM)billk1 Wrote: Are you using the latest version available from Matrix?

Hey Bill!

Good to see your post! Hope all is well with you?

Let me know if you fancy a return to the Pacific theater? :chin:

It's been over a year since we last crossed swords! :eek1:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-11-2010, 08:23 AM,
(11-11-2010, 05:22 AM)billk1 Wrote:
(11-11-2010, 04:35 AM)Boisforas Wrote: Gentlemen, Iam having difficulty getting email CS moves to run with my new eddition of Windows 7 Home. I have downloaded CS from new a disk from Matrix & can play AI without problem. I can download email moves from opponents that show up on thescenario screen but when I go to launch the game, I get a battle file read error after the I click the Replay Message. When I click on to see replay I get a black screen with my opponents fire boxes appearing. When I click not to see replay, I get a black screen. HELP!!

Are you using the latest version available from Matrix?

Havent seen "FIGMO" in quite awhile!! But it was the best!! I downloaded 1.04 patch from Matrix so I should be in the latest version. Eric
11-11-2010, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2010, 09:03 AM by Von Earlmann.)
Sounds like a map problem........are you playing a stock scenario from the game or a custom. If custom make sure you have the correct map file. I have never had any problems with windows 7.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
11-11-2010, 10:51 AM,
(11-11-2010, 09:03 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Sounds like a map problem........are you playing a stock scenario from the game or a custom. If custom make sure you have the correct map file. I have never had any problems with windows 7.

VE

This only happens with stock email moves. AI works fine. I feel Im missing something or not doing something right which is preventing the map to launch. Would you run thru the steps you take to unload & launch an email move? Thanx, Eric
11-11-2010, 09:37 PM,
[/quote]

This only happens with stock email moves. AI works fine. I feel Im missing something or not doing something right which is preventing the map to launch. Would you run thru the steps you take to unload & launch an email move? Thanx, Eric
[/quote]

Sometimes on PBEM if file is not zipped it will corrupt during transmission. Make sure your receiving a zipped file. Unzip the file directly to the game folder and you should get a message the file already exists. Simply replace it with file in the zipped folder. If file is not zipped just save it directly to the game folder. Do not use save as options.

Hopefully zipping the files will solve your problem. I have encountered this a few times in years past and for some reason unzipped PBEM files will get corrupted and play as you described.

Good luck

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM,
All I can say is that I have the JTCS 1.4 running on a W7 64bit rig pretty much problem free. I do get the occasional issue with file compressions, but haven't seen that for a while. One file to be zipped on a folder at a time perhaps does the job. I also get the map scrollling glitch with the map editor only, not with the game.

So it should work...

Have you installed the game at its default location? C:\matrix games\... I remember there was a potential problem should you install it under x86 folders...

Have you posted your problem at the Matrix forum's support area as well?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-12-2010, 07:14 PM,
Try running the game in XP

Joe
11-12-2010, 09:52 PM,
(11-12-2010, 07:14 PM)Troll Wrote: Try running the game in XP

It really should work under W7 as well :soap:
Visit us at CSLegion.com