• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A question about hps-midway
11-09-2010, 01:11 AM,
A question about hps-midway
What must i do with the aircraft carriers when planes are getting back from an attack?
Does it matter when the cv's got another course?
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2010, 09:58 PM,
RE: A question about hps-midway
(11-09-2010, 01:11 AM)Maarten Wrote: What must i do with the aircraft carriers when planes are getting back from an attack?
Does it matter when the cv's got another course?

Yes, it does matter. You must head into the wind for them to land. I also think your speed must be correct.
11-10-2010, 10:03 PM,
And if the aircraft have taken off must i have got to let the carrier in the same direction as it when the aircraft have taken off.
With other words can i send the carrier to every direction when the planes have taken off? When the aircraft land later?
Thanx for your help.
11-11-2010, 04:37 PM,
It's good tactic to change direction after your aircraft has taken off. Especially if you have been sighted by the enemy already. By changing direction you can attempt to avoid his incoming strike by 'disappearing' again, but then you must shoot down his recon airplane.
Second reason, if you have not been spotted by the enemy yet, is that keeping you ship going in the direction for your planes to take off, can result in your carrier sailing too far away from the enemy, thereby making it longer for your own strike to reach him and thereby running out of time before the battle ends.
11-11-2010, 08:27 PM,
(11-11-2010, 04:37 PM)Ratel Wrote: is that keeping you ship going in the direction for your planes to take off, can result in your carrier sailing too far away from the enemy, thereby making it longer for your own strike to reach him and thereby running out of time before the battle ends.
So i need to send the carriers in the same direction mine planes are going to the target becausse of fuel of the planes?
Could you explain it mine English is not good.
11-13-2010, 02:16 AM,
Well that's one reason if you are playing on a big map and if you are far from the enemy. But the battles also have time limits. It has happened to me for instance that I sailed away too far from the enemy and when I sent out my strike it did not reach the enemy before the time ended.
11-13-2010, 02:20 AM,
(11-13-2010, 02:16 AM)Ratel Wrote: Well that's one reason if you are playing on a big map and if you are far from the enemy. But the battles also have time limits. It has happened to me for instance that I sailed away too far from the enemy and when I sent out my strike it did not reach the enemy before the time ended.
Ok that i understand but it doesnt matter where i've send mine carriers to if i've launched mine planes without fog. I think the aircraft will find the carriers and come back if thats before the time limit.
11-13-2010, 05:59 PM,
Yes I think so.
11-13-2010, 07:35 PM,
Thanx mate.
11-26-2010, 11:39 PM,
Do the planes find the carriers where ever the carriers go to when the aircraft are comming back?