• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SDC Total War in Europe series -alternate map graphics
11-01-2010, 05:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM by -72-.)
SDC Total War in Europe series -alternate map graphics
Download available now at: http://hist-sdc.com

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=2]

Larger version of the above map: http://gallery.hist-sdc.com/main.php?g2_...ewsIndex=1

More screen shots at: http://gallery.hist-sdc.com/main.php?g2_itemId=727 -The larger size is about 4000 x 3000 px and in gif format - I think it is about a 4 or 5 mb download (the resize above caused a little bit of "lossiness ".

I'll keep updating this over time; I went over the rules and found some assumptions I had made based upon the existing graphics files turned out to be wrong - plus WSF added a High Mountain hex terrain (although I don't think that title actually uses any of that terrain).

I was one of those guys that had waited for years and years for the Europa (boardgame) system to get its act together and was a big time player of War in Europe before computer were really a part of every household (or even when they used cassette players to run software for that matter). So this series' scope really has appealed to me; although it is a little embarrassing to also note that - I had TFB when it first came out - but put off learning it to focus on other series. I am still in the learning process - but as I said, there will be some more work done on this series on the site.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2010, 03:12 AM,
RE: SDC Total War in Europe series -alternate map graphics
Very sharp looking maps!

They turned out really nice.
11-02-2010, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2010, 06:35 AM by Jison.)
I agree. And I really like the choise of colors he made - very smooth and easy on the eyes. I dont have any of these games, so I cant really try it out myself, but judging by the screenshots I have seen it looks like a very nice addition.

Jison

Edit: Hm... I manage to spell that wrong, didn't I - 'choise'? D*mn this english - cant we just agree to speak swedish everybody? :rolleyes:
Send this user an email
11-02-2010, 08:23 AM,
OK, no problem, I'll start learning Swedish next week.

It's "choice"
11-02-2010, 08:34 AM,
(11-02-2010, 05:54 AM)Jison Wrote: Edit: Hm... I manage to spell that wrong, didn't I - 'choise'? D*mn this english - cant we just agree to speak swedish everybody? :rolleyes:

There is a Pz Campaigns site in French/France, called campaigns-france.org. I do, or did when I posted more often there, inflict some English on them, but most of my posts were in French. Start a site using Swedish for it and I will dust off my non-existent Swedish and see how I can do, LOL :-).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-03-2010, 06:22 AM,
I know that site, although unfortunately I don't know enough French to be able to participate there much.

I had a development yesterday on the planning map front for this one; I gave in and started learning Photoshop ... Fireworks was at its limit (and I think I read that Photoshop has a limit of 300,000 x 300,000 px ... which means the over all final map (per the Jump Map in the TFB notes) will fit in a Planning map in 2d zoom in easily (well as easy as cropping and assembling all of those screen shots are). The long term prospects are excellent for the other titles by HPS as well.

I appreciate the comments- and will do some others in the future (although right now I have to learn to work with a php page for the site.
Bydand
Send this user an email
12-05-2010, 05:33 PM,
It occurred to me today through the miracle of FTP synchronization, that I never uploaded my master planning map for all of the maps... I'm pretty sure I promised it somewhere and sometime ago.

**Warning** - this is about a 64.2mb gif file... (On the plus side- I am pretty sure I can fit their entire map as shown in the TFB's notes in to a 2d zoom in planning map.

http://hist-sdc.com/downloads/twie/maps/twie_europe.gif

I don't have a page for this or even a smaller image outside of what I may have posted to the blog. -Anyways- it is there.

It is also using the map mod, instead of stock graphics- so I sort of think I messed up my site map file... as I need to do some planning maps using the stock graphics (and probably smaller bits).
Bydand
Send this user an email