[Image: stalingrad-sturm.jpg]

[Image: tran2.jpg]

[Image: war-16.jpg]

[Image: war-11.jpg]

[Image: war-1.jpg]

[Image: war5-2.jpg]

[Image: z10.jpg]

[Image: z6.jpg]
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2010, 02:40 PM,
RE: Infantry
Love those photos. Always like the mustached Russian sniper one. Wonder what he'd seen in his lifetime.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
10-30-2010, 06:23 AM,
I wonder if photo #4 (Russian infantry lined up in front of armor) is staged for the camera? :chin: Maybe they are lined up to charge? :whis:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-31-2010, 05:09 AM,
Gary Nice Pics.
10-31-2010, 07:54 AM,
(10-30-2010, 06:23 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: I wonder if photo #4 (Russian infantry lined up in front of armor) is staged for the camera? :chin: Maybe they are lined up to charge? :whis:

Nah, that's a firing squad. They really hated Germans.

:)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-31-2010, 08:35 AM,
Many photos from the Russian front are staged, by both sides. The second Russian photo is some rear area staged photo to look like combat.

If there were any Axis troops inside that building, then they could easily have shot the cameraman when you look at his point of view versus those of the Russian soldiers hugging the building walls. :rolleyes:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp