• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Counter Art
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM,
Counter Art
Gents,
I love the Tiller system (having played a lot of the campaign games and, especially, Squad Battles) & I'd like to dig into PzC, MC, and TW. However, I simply hate NATO counters and I'm unable (I've looked at several sites) to determine if there are mods for different counters. I'd love something like the SBs counters w/ pix on them (or even the IronX mods for SB with the outlines of figures). Is there anything out there like this?
Thanks,
Batch
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2010, 11:35 PM,
RE: Counter Art
(10-18-2010, 11:44 AM)batch68 Wrote: Gents,
I love the Tiller system (having played a lot of the campaign games and, especially, Squad Battles) & I'd like to dig into PzC, MC, and TW. However, I simply hate NATO counters and I'm unable (I've looked at several sites) to determine if there are mods for different counters. I'd love something like the SBs counters w/ pix on them (or even the IronX mods for SB with the outlines of figures). Is there anything out there like this?
Thanks,
Batch
Batch,

Enter the game, go to Settings, Select Graphical Icons, there you are, hope that is what you were after.

Blackie
10-19-2010, 01:03 AM,
(10-18-2010, 11:35 PM)von Schwarze Wrote:
(10-18-2010, 11:44 AM)batch68 Wrote: Gents,
Thanks,
Batch
Batch,

Enter the game, go to Settings, Select Graphical Icons, there you are, hope that is what you were after.

Blackie

Blackie,
Thanks for the reply. I've held off on buying any of the games b/c I wasn't sure about the counters, so I can't do that (and, therefore, don't know exactly what that changes the NATO tiles into). Would switching to "graphical icons" give me Squad Battles style counters? Thanks again.
Batch
10-19-2010, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 01:16 AM by Compass Rose.)
(10-19-2010, 01:03 AM)batch68 Wrote: Blackie,
Thanks for the reply. I've held off on buying any of the games b/c I wasn't sure about the counters, so I can't do that (and, therefore, don't know exactly what that changes the NATO tiles into). Would switching to "graphical icons" give me Squad Battles style counters? Thanks again.
Batch

Hey Batch,

This is what they'll look like. These are the same for every PzC title I own.

[Image: 2dsymbolslg.png]
10-19-2010, 01:29 AM,
(10-19-2010, 01:14 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote:
(10-19-2010, 01:03 AM)batch68 Wrote: Blackie,
Batch

Hey Batch,

This is what they'll look like. These are the same for every PzC title I own.

[Image: 2dsymbolslg.png]

Ahhh . . . thank you sir, that makes things much clearer.
Batch
10-19-2010, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 01:54 AM by Compass Rose.)
(10-19-2010, 01:29 AM)batch68 Wrote: Ahhh . . . thank you sir, that makes things much clearer.
Batch

You are welcome.

A picture is worth a thousand words! :)

I too really enjoy the SB 2d counters, plus they are alot easier to see however, they are currently only available in the SB series.

Good Luck!
10-26-2010, 05:33 AM,
Does anyone know of any mods out there for *larger* 2D counters in the PC series?

If there was one thing I could change about the HPS games (and there isn't just one ;-), it would be to have an even closer zoom on the 2D maps, giving the same scale and numerical detail one gets on the 3D isometric counters.

Frankly and bluntly, there really isn't an excuse for the poor 2D counters in HPS games, not in 2010, when many of us enjoy 1920x1200 resolution on our widescreen monitors.

:soap:
10-26-2010, 06:24 AM,
(10-26-2010, 05:33 AM)DaveK Wrote: Does anyone know of any mods out there for *larger* 2D counters in the PC series?

If there was one thing I could change about the HPS games (and there isn't just one ;-), it would be to have an even closer zoom on the 2D maps, giving the same scale and numerical detail one gets on the 3D isometric counters.

Frankly and bluntly, there really isn't an excuse for the poor 2D counters in HPS games, not in 2010, when many of us enjoy 1920x1200 resolution on our widescreen monitors.

Well there is your problem - drop the resolution of your Moniter from 1920x1200 and the 2D icons will be larger.

Alternatively you can go to 3D and make sure you are on 3D COUNTERS - the icons there are larger and contain values like in borrd games. see image attached.

You may have 1920x 1200, but an awful lot of people don't and the game engine was created, I'll bet the screen resolution was 800x600

We've since increaed the size of many of the dialogs for higher resolution systems, but another level of zoom would be more than a slight bit of work and would be a very large update too.

Glenn

Attached Files
.jpg   3DCounters.jpg (Size: 176.76 KB / Downloads: 79)
Send this user an email
10-26-2010, 06:37 AM,
The surface area of the unit counters in my mods has an extra pixel in every direction, which might make them slightly easier to read.

For screenshots visit GameSquad Forums, for the mods themselves go here:

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-s...ps-titles/

Otherwise, you seem to be blending together two different concepts in your post: size and quality.

One does not necessarily equate with the other, as your girlfriend can attest.

The games in their current form mimic the resolutions of your Windows setting.

It's not an elegant solution, but until HPS starts using a program annex that does something similar to what AGEOD's game configuration program does, changing the resolution of the screen setting of your Windows program through Control Panel should make units larger on the game screen. When you're done playing, just change it back.

If I were truly happy with the image quality of the counters, I would'nt be modding the game.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
11-06-2010, 04:34 AM,
Well since I got a newer computer and started running everything in the higher resolutions I have been enjoying the 3D counter mode. Originally when I ran in the 1120 by 700something or whatever I liked the 2D zoom in. But now in these higher resolutions the counters are just too darn small. I used to not like 3D counters cuz I could only see about 6 hexes of the map lol. But now in higher resolutions the 3D counters I think are nice. I like the info on them and like the combat graphics. There are somethings I dislike about this mode......like you sometimes cant see highlighting if in a valley but its easy to switch to 2d mode to check for highlighting. Anyway I have found that if its highlighting u want then 2d zoomed out with Divisional coloring turned off works the best anyway. Happy gaming, all.