• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MONTE CASSINO SCENARIO
10-17-2010, 02:51 AM,
MONTE CASSINO SCENARIO
Is there any HPS title covering the MONTE CASSINO scenario??

i thing that one must to be ANZIO 44, but im not sure.....

i would like to have the MONTE CASSINO map if it is available.

some one can help??

regards,

Arturo Carretero
Orberststurmführer
4° Pz Div
75 +

There is no Glory without Tears and Blood....

http://pc-war-gaming.blogspot.com/

http://mysecondworldwar.blogspot.com/

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2010, 07:03 AM,
RE: MONTE CASSINO SCENARIO
There is no scenario or map the reason being it would be too bore a ing and small.

Looking at another boardgame on the subject I think it could be done but it would be small 10 by 10 hexes probably plus the terrain and minefields would be distorted.

One day given enough time I might have a go at the map but I am not sure it would be worth it
10-17-2010, 07:50 AM,
I suggested an Ortona '43 (being Canadian) scenario/game a while back but was told that the game scale is just too big to accurately model something like that.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM,
Furthermore, in game scale monte cassino battle would be just some assaults, wouldn't it?
10-18-2010, 12:17 AM,
I still say Italy from the toe to the Po. It may be a monster, but if you make it, they will play. Same for North Africa from start to finish in Tunisia. Including Malta option, East Africa, Middle East, and the option of what units out of the whole theater to send to Greece's aid. Even with my limited funds, I would find a way to buy them if they were separate games, even as a super scenario too. Out of curiosity, would it be easier to make them as new games or as massive super PzC scenarios added to an existing game like Alamein and Salerno? Don't tell me it will never happen, that's been covered. I just want to know if it was done, which would be better?
10-18-2010, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2010, 04:10 AM by P.Ako.)
(10-18-2010, 12:17 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I still say Italy from the toe to the Po. It may be a monster, but if you make it, they will play. Same for North Africa from start to finish in Tunisia. Including Malta option, East Africa, Middle East, and the option of what units out of the whole theater to send to Greece's aid. Even with my limited funds, I would find a way to buy them if they were separate games, even as a super scenario too. Out of curiosity, would it be easier to make them as new games or as massive super PzC scenarios added to an existing game like Alamein and Salerno? Don't tell me it will never happen, that's been covered. I just want to know if it was done, which would be better?

Yeah that would be an ultra nice game that i would buy.

BTW, in Danube Front you have a map that merges Fulda Gap and North German Plains, so i think that it's not impossible.
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM,
MMMh,,
what about Salerno 43?
i dont have a clue what scenarios is covering, soemeone can give me a hint?

Well, i have a drawings of that Monte Cassino map, actually im looking for the original oob files in order to make them work under a HPS game.
Monte Cassino would be a 90 turns campaign because is covering aprox 10-11 days final assault.

anyway, thanks

Arturo Carretero
Orberststurmführer
4° Pz Div
75 +

There is no Glory without Tears and Blood....

http://pc-war-gaming.blogspot.com/

http://mysecondworldwar.blogspot.com/

Send this user an email
10-18-2010, 12:44 PM,
(10-18-2010, 03:53 AM)P.Ako Wrote:
(10-18-2010, 12:17 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I still say Italy from the toe to the Po. It may be a monster, but if you make it, they will play. Same for North Africa from start to finish in Tunisia. Including Malta option, East Africa, Middle East, and the option of what units out of the whole theater to send to Greece's aid. Even with my limited funds, I would find a way to buy them if they were separate games, even as a super scenario too. Out of curiosity, would it be easier to make them as new games or as massive super PzC scenarios added to an existing game like Alamein and Salerno? Don't tell me it will never happen, that's been covered. I just want to know if it was done, which would be better?

Yeah that would be an ultra nice game that i would buy.

BTW, in Danube Front you have a map that merges Fulda Gap and North German Plains, so i think that it's not impossible.

Correction......Danube, Fulda Gap, North German Plains, Berlin and Denmark.
10-19-2010, 07:09 AM,
(10-18-2010, 10:25 AM)carreteroarturo Wrote: MMMh,,
what about Salerno 43?
i dont have a clue what scenarios is covering, soemeone can give me a hint?

Well, i have a drawings of that Monte Cassino map, actually im looking for the original oob files in order to make them work under a HPS game.
Monte Cassino would be a 90 turns campaign because is covering aprox 10-11 days final assault.

anyway, thanks

Salerno '43 covers the allied landings at Salerno in 1943, Anzio 1944 & the German invasion of Crete 1941 (Operation Mercury).
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
10-20-2010, 05:24 AM,
I would have liked to have seen something covering Monte Cassino as well. There actually enough maneuver on the flanks as well as trying to filter in reinforcements to make a game of it.

I would assume that the designer/playtesters at least took a look at it before dismissing it.

Of course, the conventional wisdom was that WW1 would be impossible to do and completely boring at this scale too...