• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Favourite Game
10-11-2010, 06:33 AM,
Favourite Game
I was just wondering what everyone's favourite PzC game is?

I think mine is probably Stalingrad. I have found that I have probably played more Stalingrad than any other game, though this was not intentional.

The scale of the game is epic, covering the battles from those for the Don Bend, through the encirclement and destruction of 6A, to Operation Winter Storm and the subsequent Soviet counter attack after Winter Storm fails.

The game is slightly pro-Soviet and playing the Russians can be great fun, smashing through the German line and racing for position. Though I think the game is better played as the Germans, trying to keep your lines intact as they start to collapse under the weight of the assault. Balancing when to retreat units and when to hold and delay, or launch a counter. It really keeps you on your toes.

I have several other favourites but I think Stalingrad is probably top of the list.

So what is yours?
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2010, 06:42 AM,
RE: Favourite Game
I "only" have Sealion, Budapest and Market Garden, but among those my favorite is Sealion... i've always been atracted to what-if scenarios.

About MC... i have all except fulda gap and north German because they are merged into Danube front megamap. And i must say that Danube Front is by far my favourite one.
10-11-2010, 06:55 AM,
I have a soft spot for Sicily (the first title i bought), it is great fun playing the Axis who are thin on the ground but have excellent terrain to help them out, one of the few titles where laying mines (15% chance of success) is a worthwhile job for your engineers along with bridge destruction. Big Grin

You did say PzC, but F14 is right up there.....
10-11-2010, 07:20 AM,
(10-11-2010, 06:55 AM)Foul. Wrote: You did say PzC, but F14 is right up there.....

Yeah but F14 opens a new series centered in WW1 (although i would swear that i have read Glenn saying that they are going to make titles centered in the Russian civil war also...) that only has one game...
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM,
I have to agree with Foul: F'14 is a great title. It's somewhat slower tempo fits me very well - probably because I am a slow person, atleast according to my wife. Big Grin

When it comes to PzC I chew just about everything that comes my way, but have found Minsk to be particulary sweet. Playing as german your lines are thin but you have a great allied in the terrain. Numerous chokepoints where you can create havoc for the russian juggernaut on it's way towards the west. Great stuff.

Jison
Send this user an email
10-11-2010, 08:07 AM,
(10-11-2010, 07:59 AM)Jison Wrote: I have to agree with Foul: F'14 is a great title. It's somewhat slower tempo fits me very well - probably because I am a slow person, atleast according to my wife. Big Grin

I agree, much more "chess like" game than the average PzC, however i am not going to go on as this is about PzC not FWWC.
10-11-2010, 09:25 AM,
(10-11-2010, 08:07 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(10-11-2010, 07:59 AM)Jison Wrote: I have to agree with Foul: F'14 is a great title. It's somewhat slower tempo fits me very well - probably because I am a slow person, atleast according to my wife. Big Grin

I agree, much more "chess like" game than the average PzC, however i am not going to go on as this is about PzC not FWWC.

Hey guys F14 and MC's count for this thread. More the merrier :)
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM,
I'm probably in the minority here but I really enjoy Tobruk '41. It was my very first PzC game & the very first pc war game that I bought. I've recently started playing it again after a long hiatus. For the longest time I couldn't get through a game without the :censored: thing crashing on me :hissy: but what ever the problem was it got fixed in a patch. I like the maneuverability of the Crusader battles in particular. Now if only I can get started on EA '42 and the Compass '40 expansion.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
10-12-2010, 04:23 AM,
Smolensk 41 and Kharkov 42 are my favorites. My strongest interests are in the east and these 2 games provide a lot of great situations from the war in Russia.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. Winston Churchill
10-12-2010, 06:54 AM,
I have them all

Rebalanced as I have done Minsk is pretty hard to beat as is EA42.

I also like Stalingrad ( now on turn 165 as Axis ) which will need a work over .

Both campaigns M44 and EA 42 have had careful correction and are now good for both sides in game play balance. We also have a team game of Minsk on the go as well.

Cav