• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

My Grandpa and others...
09-26-2010, 09:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2010, 09:41 PM by Ashcloud.)
My Grandpa and others...
The guy with the mine detector is my Grandfather. Can you spot who any of the other guys are?

The photo was taken outside Tripoli early in February 1943, 13 Field Company gave an exhibition of mine-lifting in conjunction with 51st Highland Division.

[Image: question.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM,
RE: My Grandpa and others...
I can see Churchill....Montgomery...And I think..... Atlee...Might be Chamberlain as well

:whis:
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 10:07 PM by Gasbag.)
(09-27-2010, 07:58 PM)Hedgehog Wrote: I can see Churchill....Montgomery...And I think..... Atlee...Might be Chamberlain as well

:whis:

That's an interesting photo. Chamberlain (if you mean Neville) couldn't have been there as he was dead by then. I'm pretty sure that he passed away a few months after he was forced to resign as PM in 1940.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM,
Left to Right
Maj. C. P. Linsell, Lt.-Col. Jack Scott, Gen. B. L. Montgomery (in beret in background), a photographer (unnamed) and a unnamed civilian, Maj. Randolph Churchill, Lord Moran, Sir Alexander Cadogan, Lt.-Gen. M. C. Dempsey, Mr. Winston Churchill, Brig. K. Ray (behind my Grandad), Gen. Sir Alan Brooke, Maj. T. L. Gibbs and Gen. Sir Harold Alexander.
Send this user an email