• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Flashing Sword of Retribution and brandy
09-08-2010, 01:56 PM,
Flashing Sword of Retribution and brandy
Well my worthy opponent and I just completed a very challenging game of Flashing Sword of Retribution (FSR) as a tense draw.

Dr Johnson said that claret is for boys,port is for men,and brandy is for heroes.

On that scale FSR is a brandy of a game. To begin with it is a monster with 421 turns,a huge map and many many units. We didn't manage to go the full distance but we completed well over 300 turns before agreeing on an honourable draw. Then there is the gameplay. Both sides had exhilarating victories and moments of near extinction. I played as the Axis and initially it was very tough. I managed to have three of my elite divisions( two SS and the GrossDeutschland) completely wiped out and then lose a key objective--Kharkov ! At this point I thought it was all over but I got a few reinforcements and a lot of luck and I managed to push the Russian hordes back. There were many nail biting moments for myself and for my opponent.

In addition to the intense operational level gameplay, there are numerous strategic decisions to be made. Most of these are difficult decisions. This is the most strategic PzC scenario I have played.

FSR is a great game. The designer, Marquo, should be commended for creating such an epic scenario. Well done Marquo ! cheers

FSR is highly recommended for those who like large,long campaigns with a strong strategic element.

When I went to report the outcome of the game I couldn't find FSR on the list of reportable games. Is there another location for reporting non-stock scenarios such as FSR ?
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2010, 02:15 PM,
RE: Flashing Sword of Retribution and brandy
Marquo did a great job on the battle, great to hear you liked it. For reporting, it is there under Kharkov, look for "The Flashing Sword of Retribution" which is on page 2 of the scenarios anyway, not sure where it shows up on the reporting games list.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM,
What panzer campaign game is this scenario made for?
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2010, 03:24 PM by Kharkov.)
(09-08-2010, 02:18 PM)enigma6584 Wrote: What panzer campaign game is this scenario made for?

It's a scenario for Kharkov 42
(09-08-2010, 02:15 PM)Ricky B Wrote: Marquo did a great job on the battle, great to hear you liked it. For reporting, it is there under Kharkov, look for "The Flashing Sword of Retribution" which is on page 2 of the scenarios anyway, not sure where it shows up on the reporting games list.

Rick

Thanks Rick I found it
09-08-2010, 05:02 PM,
(09-08-2010, 01:56 PM)Kharkov Wrote: Is there another location for reporting non-stock scenarios such as FSR ?

Glad you found it, just in case anyone is unsure all the non stock scenarios available to DL from the Mods sub forum have been entered into the scenario DB and so all can be reported for exactly the same points! Big Grin
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM,
(09-08-2010, 05:02 PM)Foul. Wrote:
(09-08-2010, 01:56 PM)Kharkov Wrote: Is there another location for reporting non-stock scenarios such as FSR ?

Glad you found it, just in case anyone is unsure all the non stock scenarios available to DL from the Mods sub forum have been entered into the scenario DB and so all can be reported for exactly the same points! Big Grin

Glad you enjoyed the game; all input (good, bad, ugly) is welcome. Please make sure that the file is FSRGold which is the last update for the Flashing Sword of Retribution. The most common mistake people make with this scenario is forgetting to replace the weather file. It is best to rename the stock weather file and use the weather file I supplied with the download. This will insure the appropriate panache of snow and mud; snow needed to freeze the major rivers to help the Soviets butcher the Axis, and mud to stop the Axis from completely butchering the Sovietes in return. :-)

Marquo
09-12-2010, 02:05 AM,
I just started FSR with Ivan, and it already seems a challenging and strategically complex game. My sincere congratulations to Marquo for his work.
The only problem we had is that some of the graphics are missing, wich I tried to solve. If anyone has the same inconvenient I´ll send him my graphic files.
09-12-2010, 03:32 AM,
(09-12-2010, 02:05 AM)herr_oberst Wrote: The only problem we had is that some of the graphics are missing, wich I tried to solve. If anyone has the same inconvenient I´ll send him my graphic files.
Well please let Marquo know what is missing so he has the opportunity to fix the issue, he can then send me the updated files and i will make them available to the community. :)
09-12-2010, 03:55 AM,
(09-12-2010, 03:32 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 02:05 AM)herr_oberst Wrote: The only problem we had is that some of the graphics are missing, wich I tried to solve. If anyone has the same inconvenient I´ll send him my graphic files.
Well please let Marquo know what is missing so he has the opportunity to fix the issue, he can then send me the updated files and i will make them available to the community. :)

Actually, I renamed some graphics and it is working. Maybe I should have contacted Marquo, but being only a little problem I fixed it myself and sent the files to my rival Ivan. If he confirms that they work I can send them to Marquo so he can verify them.
In any case, I don´t mean to touch his work without his permission, I did it only to better enjoy the game.
09-12-2010, 04:23 AM,
(09-12-2010, 03:55 AM)herr_oberst Wrote: Actually, I renamed some graphics and it is working. Maybe I should have contacted Marquo, but being only a little problem I fixed it myself and sent the files to my rival Ivan. If he confirms that they work I can send them to Marquo so he can verify them.
In any case, I don´t mean to touch his work without his permission, I did it only to better enjoy the game.
Thank you, don't worry i am 100% sure Marquo will thank you for making him aware of this small issue. ;)