• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC/MC Planning maps posted at SDC
09-05-2010, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2010, 12:46 PM by -72-.)
PzC/MC Planning maps posted at SDC
Disclaimer - I still have a few to do (and ultimately the plan might be to have these maps in all of the different weather types available per title). I do have most of them done. (France 40, Minsk 44, and Danube Front 85 -I don't have yet -and I found that I needed to play around with a couple of small files [Salerno and Anzio] which those last two won't take very long to get done).

http://hist-sdc.com/bookshelf/pzc_planning_maps.html

http://hist-sdc.com/bookshelf/mc_planning_maps.html

The images on the page are basically just big thumbnails to full sized screen shots of the same map in 2D zoom out mode. Time permitting, I will also do some of these using Jison's mod work as well. (Although I should add that I don't have a timeframe that I will get the others done -as I have some other web work that will take precedent.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2010, 05:59 PM,
RE: PzC/MC Planning maps posted at SDC
Let me point a small error please, the map of middle east 67 althought beeing the official one there's another bigger one, the map file is called "ME67_newMaster_73.map" you might want to take that map file instead.

Nice job BTW!!!
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM,
(09-05-2010, 05:59 PM)P.Ako Wrote: Let me point a small error please, the map of middle east 67 althought beeing the official one there's another bigger one, the map file is called "ME67_newMaster_73.map" you might want to take that map file instead.

Nice job BTW!!!

I'll have to get ahold of that one, and appreciate the tip off. :smoke:
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-05-2010, 10:28 PM,
BTW Salerno and Anzio maps are not available? it returns a 404 error.
09-06-2010, 06:29 AM,
My God that is some really good stuff! Keep up the great work!
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2010, 10:46 AM by -72-.)
(09-05-2010, 10:28 PM)P.Ako Wrote: BTW Salerno and Anzio maps are not available? it returns a 404 error.

I'll have to check that out -- thanks for the report ... also - fixed ME'67 to the map you cited earlier ... I need to go in and edit in a link over to Glenn's site where I found the download (although I think I had it already...).

Edit: Salerno/Anzio -- looks like I may have forgotten to upload the files I am linking to ... (I also need to edit their links to mention that they are in 2D zoom in mode).

Edited again: Ok, Anzio and Salerno are fixed now... thx for the feedback, sometimes I miss the obvious stuff :)
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-06-2010, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2010, 11:01 AM by Volcano Man.)
Speaking of planning maps, and not to hijack the thread, but has anyone notice that there are planning maps included in the install of F14? They are all included in the default install, in the START button folder for the game under (appropriately enough) "Planning Maps". :)

Thanks for these planning maps, I love 'em -- very useful! Having done them myself for F14, I know how much work it is to make them. cheers
Send this user an email
09-06-2010, 06:51 PM,
(09-06-2010, 10:54 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Speaking of planning maps, and not to hijack the thread, but has anyone notice that there are planning maps included in the install of F14? They are all included in the default install, in the START button folder for the game under (appropriately enough) "Planning Maps". :)

Thanks for these planning maps, I love 'em -- very useful! Having done them myself for F14, I know how much work it is to make them. cheers

I only posted the thread since someone here had made a request when I had posted something about the Civil War Battles series' maps a few months back -but in truth, it was actually your maps that inspired me, Ed... although I have to admit that I have never figured out how to get a pdf file as small as either a jpg or a gif -and I am fairly sure some of the maps I have done would have to be of similar (usually smaller I think) than the ones you did for F '14.
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-06-2010, 11:12 PM,
These maps are actually an excellent idea... Just imagine planning your next brilliant offensive by moving little needles around on a huge wall mounted planning map. Hm... Nerd warning perhaps - but hey, if I can be a virtual general why not also a virtual nerd? Big Grin

Great work anyhow.

Jison
Send this user an email
09-07-2010, 06:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2010, 07:41 AM by Volcano Man.)
(09-06-2010, 06:51 PM)trauth116 Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 10:54 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Speaking of planning maps, and not to hijack the thread, but has anyone notice that there are planning maps included in the install of F14? They are all included in the default install, in the START button folder for the game under (appropriately enough) "Planning Maps". :)

I only posted the thread since someone here had made a request when I had posted something about the Civil War Battles series' maps a few months back -but in truth, it was actually your maps that inspired me, Ed... although I have to admit that I have never figured out how to get a pdf file as small as either a jpg or a gif -and I am fairly sure some of the maps I have done would have to be of similar (usually smaller I think) than the ones you did for F '14.

Actually, I am sort of torn on whether or not the approach I did with the PDF is "good" or not, or if I should have left them as a large .jpg or .gif art file. The good thing about the PDF is that it is small in size, but when you zoom in it is generally poor quality, although you can still see everything and read the map labels though. I guess that is the trade off between having it as 30+ Mb image or a 5 Mb PDF file. :conf:

I do have all the F14 maps in "better" quality if anyone wants them... hmm, maybe you can put them on SDC site with the others? Send me an email if you want them and I will convert them from .psp to .gif.
Send this user an email