• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The PzC pendulum moves back in the defenders favour!
09-04-2010, 06:34 PM,
Thumbs_Up  The PzC pendulum moves back in the defenders favour!
Among the players and designers i chat to there seems to be consensus that the defender in PzC is at some disadvantage against an attacker who knows how to use the game system to their best advantage, however we have now seen this imbalance addressed to a degree with the inclusion of two new rule updates Delayed Disruption reporting and Night Movement Disruption, although i have yet to play with these rules and they both use a % chance of having an effect, i cannot see how they cannot be of considerable help to the defender in these titles, how far the pendulum has moved back is at this moment impossible to say? :chin:

I am very hopeful that another new rule will complete the picture in that the Old Chestnut of AT movement will be addressed at some point, this was discussed during TCIII and so i am confident we will see some positive change to this also. Big Grin

I believe taken as a whole this would amount to an excellent update to the PzC series.
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2010, 06:41 PM,
RE: The PzC pendulum moves back in the defenders favour!
Can you tell us which games have these rules

Mike
09-04-2010, 07:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2010, 07:47 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Only F14 and i believe S40? (don't have the title) has Delayed Disruption reporting, but VM suggests it should not be picked as an opt rule for F14, it will be introduced to the other PzC's with each new patch.

The PzC possible Night Disruption movement rule (not the same as the F14 version) is still in testing i believe.

The AT change is still a hope on my part. ;)
09-04-2010, 08:21 PM,
(09-04-2010, 07:47 PM)Foul. Wrote: Only F14 and i believe S40? (don't have the title) has Delayed Disruption reporting, but VM suggests it should not be picked as an opt rule for F14, it will be introduced to the other PzC's with each new patch.

The PzC possible Night Disruption movement rule (not the same as the F14 version) is still in testing i believe.

The Night Disruption Rule is in testing and I can say it will make a difference for night operation although when the sun comes up things get back to normal ;)
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
09-04-2010, 08:52 PM,
(09-04-2010, 07:47 PM)Foul. Wrote: Only F14 and i believe S40? (don't have the title) has Delayed Disruption reporting, but VM suggests it should not be picked as an opt rule for F14, it will be introduced to the other PzC's with each new patch.

uhmm i have S40 and i can't find that rule nowhere!
09-05-2010, 12:08 AM,

Why is it not recommended for 1914?
09-05-2010, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2010, 03:23 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(09-04-2010, 08:52 PM)P.Ako Wrote: uhmm i have S40 and i can't find that rule nowhere!
I could be wrong about that, as i said i was guessing as i don't have the title, if you cant see it listed in the Opt rule list then it is not included. ;)
(09-05-2010, 12:08 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote:

Why is it not recommended for 1914?
Because we believe that attacking in F14 is much more difficult than in any PzC title and this rule would tip the balance we have found in the defenders direction, IMO it is best when playing F14 to only use the default Opt rules the title was tested with. :)
09-08-2010, 01:28 AM,
(09-05-2010, 03:19 AM)Foul. Wrote: Because we believe that attacking in F14 is much more difficult than in any PzC title and this rule would tip the balance we have found in the defenders direction, IMO it is best when playing F14 to only use the default Opt rules the title was tested with. :)

Doesn't it also help the attacker by not letting the defender know when they have been disrupted during definsive fire? The attacker will know if the units they are next to are disrupted at the beginning of the turn.
09-08-2010, 02:12 AM,
(09-04-2010, 07:47 PM)Foul. Wrote: The AT change is still a hope on my part. ;)

We have something in place in PzC in test now which will affect the AT survivability. We had considered a lot of rather complex type things to address this - but leave it to Tiller to come up with a rather simple, yet elegant answer to the situation.

...so AT Guns should be able to get away now in the phasing players turn. But if assaulted and a forced to retreat, they will be lost as they are now.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-08-2010, 03:35 AM,
(09-08-2010, 02:12 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: ...so AT Guns should be able to get away now in the phasing players turn. But if assaulted and a forced to retreat, they will be lost as they are now.

Glenn

Sounds great Glenn, thanks again to everyone at HPS for listening to our feedback and making changes where it is deemed the community has a valid point. :)

PzC/MC just gets better and better......... :bow: