• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Plotted Artillery Fire in F'14
08-30-2010, 12:26 AM,
Plotted Artillery Fire in F'14
I notice that in the game I'm currently playing by Email, when I replay my opponent's move, I see my own plotted artillery fire intermittently. I mean . . . some turns I see a replay of it and some turns - I don't. I'm pretty sure the results are ocurring but I would like to see it play out anyway. Anyone else notice the same thing? I'm play the 158-turn HBTLF scenario.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2010, 03:44 AM,
RE: Plotted Artillery Fire in F'14
We are hearing of a few occasions when this happens with other players, i believe Ed is going to make JT aware of the possible issue.

The strange thing is that i have now watched hundreds of F14 replays with no problems at all? :chin:
08-30-2010, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2010, 05:44 AM by Lowlander.)
Only in one area on the extreme bottom right of the frontline at Luneville 413,294. The bombardments take place but off screen as the map does'nt follow the action, always within a 90 degree arc right and below Luneville, that's East to map edge and South.
Works like a charm everywhere else.
Maybe this is due to the out of bounds areas to the South-East.
Maybe the AI is in CONFLICT with the shaded area, you know the DARK SIDE.
08-30-2010, 07:11 AM,
If the FWW F14 user interface is similar to the PzC user interface, there is a menu item under MODE>Scroll to View Enemy Action. If this item is not checked then the screen does not refresh to center the hex where action is taking place.

If this menu item is checked and the action of plotted artillery is still occurring off screen, then there is an issue for HPS in the game code. For this case, your game file showing the action occurring off screen would be most helpful to HPS Support to debug the issue.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-30-2010, 01:04 PM,
Yes, try what DS mentioned, that might improve things (good idea). We are looking into the issue though to change it so that the screen positions on the target unit instead of the firing unit since, obviously the target unit is more important so you can see the effect. ;)
Send this user an email
08-30-2010, 05:37 PM,
I will spread the word about DS's suggestion. :)
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM,
(08-30-2010, 01:04 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: Yes, try what DS mentioned, that might improve things (good idea). We are looking into the issue though to change it so that the screen positions on the target unit instead of the firing unit since, obviously the target unit is more important so you can see the effect. ;)

When I install a new game I always tick " Scroll to View Enemy Action " futhermore when plotting indirect artillery fire I again always select a target hex which is in LOS in this game more often than not in the frontline.

Have a very heavy schedule this week but will forward the file ASAP.
08-30-2010, 06:42 PM,
(08-30-2010, 06:30 PM)Lowlander Wrote:
(08-30-2010, 01:04 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: Yes, try what DS mentioned, that might improve things (good idea). We are looking into the issue though to change it so that the screen positions on the target unit instead of the firing unit since, obviously the target unit is more important so you can see the effect. ;)

When I install a new game I always tick " Scroll to View Enemy Action " futhermore when plotting indirect artillery fire I again always select a target hex which is in LOS in this game more often than not in the frontline.

Have a very heavy schedule this week but will forward the file ASAP.

I've seen this too. But the one thing nobody has mentioned is that my plots remain set on the turns that I don't see the fire. This has only happened to me once over a 3 turn period starting with a night turn and running over the night.
08-31-2010, 01:45 AM,
Hadge who was one of the players who reported this issue has checked how he has F14 set up and he had the "Scroll to View Enemy Action" feature already on, so maybe this is a dead end?? :chin:
08-31-2010, 03:40 AM,
(08-30-2010, 12:26 AM)tquinn Wrote: I notice that in the game I'm currently playing by Email, when I replay my opponent's move, I see my own plotted artillery fire intermittently. I mean . . . some turns I see a replay of it and some turns - I don't. I'm pretty sure the results are ocurring but I would like to see it play out anyway. Anyone else notice the same thing? I'm play the 158-turn HBTLF scenario.

I see all the fire, with a few exceptions. I'm talking about one turn, I see all plotted fire and another turn, I don't see any. There is definitely a bug. Please tell me I'm getting my hits, even when I can't see the fire. Namur is taking a long time to fall.
Send this user an email