• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Would you be willing to pay for a full map editor for SB
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, but no more than $50
33.33%
4 33.33%
Yes, but no more than $100
8.33%
1 8.33%
Yes, but no more than $150
0%
0 0%
Nope
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you buy a full map editor for SB?
08-20-2010, 06:59 AM,
Would you buy a full map editor for SB?
For the record, this is completely my hair-brained post. My involvement on the playtesting team has nothing to do with this. This idea has never, ever been broached in any way, shape or form, save the idea that just popped into my head while replying to the last post.

So, no matter how you vote, you probably aren't going to see a map editor released, but let's be kooky and see just how much someone would be willing to pay for one.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2010, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2010, 07:36 AM by FroBodine.)
RE: Would you buy a full map editor for SB?
It's a great idea, and I hope one becomes available for the grogs out there that like doing this stuff. But, for me, nada.

"I just play 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work."
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2010, 10:34 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
Quote:"I just play 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work."

I think that's a sentiment that is the prevailing one in the SB community, both in the PBEM world, and the larger crowd that simply likes to play versus the AI.

I've been playing around trying to shore up a couple of nearly finished scenarios, and I can truly appreciate the time, energy, effort and talent that goes into putting together a large number of scenarios.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-21-2010, 10:29 AM,
It's a ton of work to release even a halfway polished scenario. I don't have the time myself, just look at the ten LW scenarios sitting anywhere from 25-95% done on my hard drive. I don't think I would buy a map editor, that would just be one more thing to spend time one. Having to use a premade map simplifies things, at least for me, since I have an excuse if it's a little inaccurate, and you can choose one to suit play balance more than historical fact and use this excuse if you have too. The scenarios I've been making, I basically have a written description of the area to go on, and maybe a poorly detailed map, so I like being able to use a little artitistic license. ;)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier