• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newbie looking for a ladder game
08-12-2010, 02:59 AM,
Newbie looking for a ladder game
I’m a new player to SB looking for a ladder game or two. I have Red Victory and Eagles Strike. I’ll have my boot camp game finished in the next couple days. I would like to play a couple smallish scenarios until I learn the system better.

I have only played a couple of the scenarios from each game, so I don’t know what ones are well balanced. Are there any threads that discuss how the various scenarios are balanced?

If you want to play, I would appreciate some suggestions on what missions we should play.

I’m looking forward to getting some games in.
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 04:11 AM,
RE: Newbie looking for a ladder game
Pick a game and send one
08-12-2010, 04:21 AM,
Told you, Jeff!

;)

Be careful, Dennis. This new guy's got some bite to him! I'm barely fending off his Nazi hoards in his initial ladder game!
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-12-2010, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2010, 04:35 AM by FroBodine.)
(08-12-2010, 04:11 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Pick a game and send one

Cool. Any suggestions on what missions are fairly balanced? I don't have any idea what to pick.

Also - how do I change my e-mail in my account profile so it doesn't show until you click on the "e-mail" button and are prompted to enter a string of characters.

Both of you have yours this way, and I don't see how to set that up.
08-12-2010, 06:33 AM,
(08-12-2010, 04:30 AM)FroBodine Wrote:
(08-12-2010, 04:11 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Pick a game and send one

Cool. Any suggestions on what missions are fairly balanced? I don't have any idea what to pick.

Also - how do I change my e-mail in my account profile so it doesn't show until you click on the "e-mail" button and are prompted to enter a string of characters.

Both of you have yours this way, and I don't see how to set that up.

Go to the top of page and you'll see User CP (the message board one, not the main CP at the very top right).

From there look at the left hand side and click on the Edit Options. Under Messaging and Notification unclick the "Hide your EMAIL from other members".

That should do the trick.
08-12-2010, 06:46 AM,
Hi Alan I dont care if he is a bootcamper or not if somebody post for a game unless i have to many going I'll take on a game.
08-12-2010, 06:57 AM,
:)

I didn't think there was such a thing as 'too many games going' for you, Dennis!

I just joked with Jeff in an EMAIL (we are playing a scenario to get him out of boot-camp) that when he posts for wanting a game that you'd be one of the first to reply because you typically play about a half-a-million games at once!
08-12-2010, 07:33 AM,
(08-12-2010, 06:33 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Go to the top of page and you'll see User CP (the message board one, not the main CP at the very top right).

From there look at the left hand side and click on the Edit Options. Under Messaging and Notification unclick the "Hide your EMAIL from other members".

I don't think that's what I meant. I want to know how to change my e-mail in my profile from this:

[Image: ae59b807d4Pic1.jpg]

to this (in the yellow highlight):

[Image: 5a6077ff6fPic2.jpg]

I want my e-mail to function like yours does.

-=Jeff
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM,
(08-12-2010, 07:33 AM)FroBodine Wrote:
(08-12-2010, 06:33 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Go to the top of page and you'll see User CP (the message board one, not the main CP at the very top right).

I don't think that's what I meant. I want to know how to change my e-mail in my profile from this:

-=Jeff

When I look at my profile, I see my EMAIL. I believe that's a function of how things work. There would be no reason to hide your EMAIL from yourself.

When I look at your profile right now, this is what I see. I do not see your address at all, which is why I was wondering if you had that box un-clicked.

[Image: c890edc08ffr.JPG]

If you do have your EMAIL available for everyone to see, it might be a function of you still being in boot-camp, but I'm not sure. I'll inquire with the higher-ups.
08-12-2010, 11:40 PM,
(08-12-2010, 10:39 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(08-12-2010, 07:33 AM)FroBodine Wrote:

-=Jeff

When I look at my profile, I see my EMAIL. I believe that's a function of how things work. There would be no reason to hide your EMAIL from yourself.

When I look at your profile right now, this is what I see. I do not see your address at all, which is why I was wondering if you had that box un-clicked.

[Image: c890edc08ffr.JPG]

If you do have your EMAIL available for everyone to see, it might be a function of you still being in boot-camp, but I'm not sure. I'll inquire with the higher-ups.

Yes, I do have the box unclicked and available for everyone to see. I wonder why it's not showing. Let me know what you find out, and thanks!