• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sealion question
08-09-2010, 06:10 PM,
Sealion question
Is there any other tactic for the German player in the first days of the operation apart from assaulting and try to surround the British bunkers and pillboxes?
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2010, 09:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2010, 09:27 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Sealion question
I actually prefer to root them out of the bunkers and pillboxes, if at all possible.

Care to play an H-H game and I'll show you what I mean?
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM,
How do you get them to leave, put some cases of beer just outside the door? The only way I know is isolate, disrupt and close assault, or just disrupt and close assault. The German side has very few AT assets in this game, but Stukas and 88's are very effective in disrupting some of the low morale Brits in bunkers and pillboxes.

Also, you don't have to land all your German units on the beach. There are some positions that you shouldn't land at until the overall situation is more favorable. That is, until some enemy units are pushed back from bunkers and pillboxes, or eliminated, and some minefields are cleared.
08-10-2010, 11:20 AM,
(08-10-2010, 10:48 AM)alaric99x Wrote: How do you get them to leave, put some cases of beer just outside the door? The only way I know is isolate, disrupt and close assault, or just disrupt and close assault. The German side has very few AT assets in this game, but Stukas and 88's are very effective in disrupting some of the low morale Brits in bunkers and pillboxes.

Also, you don't have to land all your German units on the beach. There are some positions that you shouldn't land at until the overall situation is more favorable. That is, until some enemy units are pushed back from bunkers and pillboxes, or eliminated, and some minefields are cleared.

Frustrated by the lack of German AT weapons I decided to just assault in in mass without disrupting. It worked.
08-10-2010, 05:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM by P.Ako.)
(08-10-2010, 09:25 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Care to play an H-H game and I'll show you what I mean?

Thanks, but i can't i'm actually playing one and don't have time for another.
(08-10-2010, 11:20 AM)Rev Rico Wrote: Frustrated by the lack of German AT weapons I decided to just assault in in mass without disrupting. It worked.

Hehe most of the time that's what i do!