• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: How many games do you have going at one time?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 game at a time.
0%
0 0%
2-4 games going at one time.
31.58%
6 31.58%
5-8 games going at one time.
47.37%
9 47.37%
9-13 games going at one time.
15.79%
3 15.79%
14 or more games going at one time.
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many games do you have going at one time?
07-23-2010, 06:17 AM,
How many games do you have going at one time?
Hi Gents: :smoke:

Curious on how many games players have underway at one time? :chin:

Might be interesting to others? ...so post your game totals! :cool2:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2010, 06:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2010, 06:32 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: How many games do you have going at one time?
I currently have

WF: 8

EF: 6

RS: 1

Let me do the math (again): 15

Edited: I actually just counted them :eek1:

Thanx!

Hawk
07-23-2010, 06:29 AM,
13? :eek1::bow:
3 at the moment. More than enough!

WK
07-23-2010, 06:35 AM,
(07-23-2010, 06:29 AM)Wilhelm Klink Wrote: 13? :eek1::bow:
3 at the moment. More than enough!

WK

Its actually not that tough, really. I almost never watch replays. I keep the size to 8 and under.

I also have a mix of players with different turn rates. So I really only play about an hour or two a day.

Thanx!

Hawk
07-23-2010, 06:38 AM,
Gents: :smoke:

Thanks for your input and comments!

Please don't forget to complete the poll too! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-23-2010, 10:49 AM,
(07-23-2010, 06:35 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: Its actually not that tough, really. I almost never watch replays. I keep the size to 8 and under.

I also have a mix of players with different turn rates. So I really only play about an hour or two a day.

Thanx!

Hawk

That's kind of how I handle my games too. I usually have 5-8 games underway at a time... with many of my games at a size 6 or below. However, I usually do watch replays because I like to "see" the battle develop and unfold. It also helps me better understand enemy manuvers.
Send this user an email
07-23-2010, 01:03 PM,
I have 4 tournament games going, two more against my brother, a Talonsoft game against someone who doesn't have the Matrix version, and 2 more against a pretty good newbie and a vet I play regularly. That's an unusual load for me, though. Usually it's only 4 or 5 at once and I always stipulate no deadlines. Got enough of those in real life.

I watch the replays, but I have the game set to fast speed for everything. Otherwise I go nuts. And I turn the music off. Does anyone play with the music going?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-23-2010, 06:53 PM,
I typically have 4-5 games going on at one time, some of them smaller, some of them bigger.

I am a very slow player as I tend to study the replays and ponder on my moves for a bit.

I tend to promise myself to have only three concurrent games, but it is not possible :) At five I start to become a bit stressed...

Anyway, "unfortunately" I am now off to three week holidays, so I assume that means zero games going on for a while Eek

Enjoy! cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-23-2010, 08:28 PM,
(07-23-2010, 01:03 PM)Scud Wrote: And I turn the music off. Does anyone play with the music going?

No! :eek1:

I don't play with any sound on at all.

Thanx!

Hawk
07-23-2010, 08:57 PM,
(07-23-2010, 01:03 PM)Scud Wrote: And I turn the music off. Does anyone play with the music going?

Dave

When I first installed... and played CS many years ago... I could not locate the hotkey (I believe it is the "M" key?) that toggled the display of the program menu. As a consequence, I was "forced" to listen to that looping martial music (since I wanted to hear unit movement and combat) :hissy: It drove me nuts... and it literally "forced" me to read the user manual (Talon Soft was still printing hard copy game manuals) :eek1: in order to reference the correct hotkey.

Thankfully... was able to "disable" the music... and better focus on my turn! Big Grin
Send this user an email