• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New WF Scenario... Spanish CivilWar
07-19-2010, 06:11 PM,
New WF Scenario... Spanish CivilWar
To do a scenario on the siege and relief of the Alcazar of Toledo seemed, as the actress said to the Bishop, a good idea at the time. I'm not sure that CS does this sort of close range fighting very well but here it is. EA on or off will favour different sides. At this very early stage war was a novelty. Both sides spent a lot of time banging away without result, at least until the real pros of Franco's Army of Africa arrived. For those new to this war, the dinamiteros, largely miners and quarrymen, supported the republic in large numbers. They have the normal engineer capability. And before I forget West Front.......
** " !Sin Novedad en el Alcázar!"
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2010, 02:17 AM,
RE: New WF Scenario... Spanish CivilWar
Ummm........
Where can I download the scenario ?
Cam
07-20-2010, 05:49 AM,
(07-20-2010, 02:17 AM)Cam Wrote: Ummm........
Where can I download the scenario ?
Cam

Cam:

You may download the scenario here:

!Sin Novedad, etc.

You'll need to download the scenario files and review both sides since there is little information provided in the scenario description: Victory levels, smoke rounds, supply levels, air power, modified complexity, etc have no listed values.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-20-2010, 07:35 AM,
Thank you for pointing out my omission, which I shall correct forthwith. The information is of course contained within the scenario header and description. I thought the new website extracted it somehow.

I really think it is the prerogative of a designer to answer any questions about his work...don't you?
07-20-2010, 09:10 PM,
Hi Rod: :smoke:

Hopefully my post helped Cam and other players locate your scenario... so it could be downloaded, played, and enjoyed by all?

Also, my post highlighted a misconception on posting scenarios... so other designers may benefit and not make similar errors?

In the end... it is all about folks helping others? :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-20-2010, 11:23 PM,
What an interesting scenario! Keep'em coming, generals cheers

What other hobby gives you a pleasure to study an event in history and then to recreate it? :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-21-2010, 07:16 AM,
(07-20-2010, 11:23 PM)Cpl K. Kat Wrote: What an interesting scenario! Keep'em coming, generals cheers

What other hobby gives you a pleasure to study an event in history and then to recreate it? :)

Thanks Krazy. Was it not George Orwell who said that who controls the present controls the past?
A couple of big desert scens in the pipeline.
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM,
Hi Guys
I went to the link and still could not download the scenario
?
What am I doing wrong
Cam
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM,
(07-21-2010, 10:25 PM)Cam Wrote: Hi Guys
I went to the link and still could not download the scenario
?
What am I doing wrong
Cam

Hi Cam:

Rod can best answer you... but I believe when he updated his scenario information... he also needed to upload the scenario files again too?
Send this user an email
07-22-2010, 07:30 AM,
All fixed,thank you for the help with a computer matter, an area largely terra incognita to me.
Apologies for inconvenience.