• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Will HPS ever sell games via digital download?
07-16-2010, 11:31 PM,
Will HPS ever sell games via digital download?
Any news, comments, opinions? :)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2010, 12:44 AM,
RE: Will HPS ever sell games via digital download?
(07-16-2010, 11:31 PM)keif149 Wrote: Any news, comments, opinions? :)

Maybe? It is possible and has been discussed.
Send this user an email
07-19-2010, 03:45 AM,
:):):)Good news for me if become true.
The cost for a HPS game is nearly +40% because of the postage cost.:):):)
07-19-2010, 04:47 PM,
Yes, the first two games I bought, (Normandy and Sicily) were about 100$ CDN each because of duty, postage, and (at the time) the high US dollar.

I bought the rest of the series after a nice long Republican govt brought the US dollar down below that of the CDN one :)

But it would be nice to just be able to download the game...
07-20-2010, 05:59 PM,
If you live in Europe and order something from USA the postage cost is very high especially if the parcel is registered. I don't like a small non registered parcel with a CD inside to be left by the postman in the staircase.
The exchange value of currency is another matter.
Now with the euro = 1.3 $ the US products are good priced, not so good as one year before when the euro was over 1.5$.
07-20-2010, 08:50 PM,
What would the final price of the digital download be? If now the game's launch price is 40$ (30€ aprox.) and the normal price is 50$ (38€ aprox.) then the digital download price how many would be? 30$ on launch price and 40$ on normal price?
07-21-2010, 01:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010, 01:16 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
(07-20-2010, 08:50 PM)P.Ako Wrote: What would the final price of the digital download be? If now the game's launch price is 40$ (30€ aprox.) and the normal price is 50$ (38€ aprox.) then the digital download price how many would be? 30$ on launch price and 40$ on normal price?

YOUR WAY AHEAD of yourself here - I said in response to the original question - "Any news, comments, opinions?"

I SAID:
>> Maybe? It is possible and has been discussed.

But to suggest a price point has been set would be silly at this point.

FWIW, Price on anything is really set by SUPPLY and DEMAND which has a cost component. That is, as OIL prices rise and fall, the price of gas for my car at the pump doesn't follow it.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-21-2010, 01:20 AM,
(07-21-2010, 01:15 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: YOUR WAY AHEAD of yourself here - I said in response to the original question - "Any news, comments, opinions?"

I SAID:
>> Maybe? It is possible and has been discussed.

Ok ok, don't get angry!
07-21-2010, 06:55 AM,
(07-21-2010, 01:20 AM)P.Ako Wrote: Ok ok, don't get angry!

Hey - I am just saying - that is all.
Send this user an email
07-21-2010, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM by -72-.)
(07-21-2010, 01:15 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: FWIW, Price on anything is really set by SUPPLY and DEMAND which has a cost component. That is, as OIL prices rise and fall, the price of gas for my car at the pump doesn't follow it.

Glenn

To add to Glenn's statement - any price point for anything is generally also subjected to the relative exchange rate at the time as well. In international commerce that is just something you have to wear.

For the record - I am talking about just based upon my own personal experience in buying over the years (it was really great fun when the Yen was at about 140 or so to the US dollar Big Grin ).
Bydand
Send this user an email