• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newbie looking for a game.
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM,
Newbie looking for a game.
Hello all.

Cpl. Krotz from the trenches here. I am looking for an opponent that would like to join me in a game. I have not played PBEM before so you will have to stick with me.

In the Squad Battles list I currently own Advance of the Reich and the new Red Victory. I would be willing to purchase a Vietnam game if someone would prefer to play that. Dien Bin Phu looks tempting. I just read Hell in a Very Small Place and the Devil's Guard. I also own the Tiller Austerlitz game (I find Napoloeonic games interesting as well).

I mostly enjoy boardgames (I have a large collection), but I have few people near me who play, so here I am. In many ways, I enjoy Squad Battles more than the Combat Mission series of which I own Beyond Overlord and Barbarossa to Berlin. I would really like to take aspects of Squad Battles and Combat Mission and combine them.

I also like the big strategy games as well, but do not know of a really good one to play online against an opponent. What I do not play are real time strategy games -I am a turn based player.

Let me know what you think.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM,
RE: Newbie looking for a game.
Hi Pick a Advance of the Reich or Red Victory and send it on its way.
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM,
Welcome to the board Cpl. Krotz!

I'm new here also, just joined a week or so ago. I'm in a game at the moment otherwise I'd take you up on your offer. If you have any questions about the game this is the place to post, plenty of people around here willing to help.

White Eagle
07-12-2010, 09:24 PM,
Hey there!

another newbie here looking for an opponent. I have the brand new Red Victory which I like very much. I am a veteran of the Close Combat Series and this is my first tactical wargame for PC which is turn based! So if anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers
Chris
07-12-2010, 10:16 PM,
Korsun,

If you need a game, just send me a turn.

Thanks
07-12-2010, 10:52 PM,
Welcome to the Blitz. If you have any questions, drop Mad_Dog or I a PM!

As for your next game, I'd recommend DBP heavily. It's a fantastic representation of the war in Indochina.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM by cplkrotz.)
(07-12-2010, 09:24 PM)Korsun Wrote: Hey there!

another newbie here looking for an opponent. I have the brand new Red Victory which I like very much. I am a veteran of the Close Combat Series and this is my first tactical wargame for PC which is turn based! So if anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers
Chris

Chris if you are available, how do we begin?

What game would you like to play and how do we connect?
If anyone else is still interested I am game although I would like to reiterate that I am a newbie.
07-17-2010, 08:24 PM,
I wrote you a PM!