• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A welcome to the influx of new guys!
07-06-2010, 02:51 AM,
A welcome to the influx of new guys!
Gents,

For the good number of new guys coming on board, as well as some folks returning to the SB world, I'd like to welcome you to the Blitz!

I'm the overall SB commander here, handling most of things having to do with the forum. Mad_Dog, as most of you know from an EMAIL he probably sent you, is in charge of things over on the Ladder end of the Blitz. If you guys have any questions, feel free to send us both a PM or EMAIL and we'll answer any questions you may have! Feel free to post any and all questions on the forum as well. There are a lot of experienced SB guys here, included all three of the main scenario designers on the current HPS design team (Joao Lima, cazart!, and Ozgur Budak).

A few things that I will point out that have come up in conversations over the past month or so.

1) It's worth the time and energy to read through the users manual. There's a ton of interesting information on there pertaining to the game engine and all the possible situations you could find yourself in. It might also be worth looking under the Help Tab in the game for Parameter and Weapon data. Gives you an idea what each weapon's strengths are. Also worth noting that several weapons have multiple loads, especially armor and larger mortars.

2) Check out this post: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=49411

I put together a listing of a bunch of really good SB sites. I am also the current (and third) commander over at Task Force Echo 4 (see my sig), a site that's been around quite a long time and have a lot of cool gear. Art/sound mods, new scenarios, tactics articles and the like, all available for the SB community. There are a couple of SB forums out there, including one at Wargamer and Game Squad. Most of the same guys frequent them all, so I'd recommend signing up for all of them. I'd prefer you post here, of course, but the community is a vibrant one, and where-ever you opt to post, folks will be happy to answer your questions.

Again, welcome. The learning curve can be a little steep on the game engine, but once you get the hang of it, you're gonna have a lot of fun. We all struggled initially with it, keep playing and asking questions. It's worth it.

Alan
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2010, 04:27 AM,
RE: A welcome to the influx of new guys!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm already looking at my next SQB game but I cannot justify the purchase just yet until I play through a few more scenarios in Red Victory. I am glad I finally bought Squad Battles, it has turned out to be a great addition!

John
07-06-2010, 07:12 AM,
RE: A welcome to the influx of new guys!
Welcome to everyone from me as well. It's good to see new faces, and everyone here is a lot of fun to play, and to talk to, so it's pretty much guaranteed you'll have fun. ;)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier