• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ferrying engineers and supply
07-05-2010, 06:10 AM,
Ferrying engineers and supply
As a relative newby to HPS, can someone tell me, does an engineer ferrying troops across a river create a supply route through that crossing point, or does a supply route have to be traced across a bridge?
Thanks in anticipation.
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2010, 06:31 AM,
RE: Ferrying engineers and supply
Originally, the game engine required a bridge or ford for supply. But awhile ago, engineers capable of ferrying infantry across a river/canal were given the ability to ferry supplies to the hexes adjacent to it across a river, but only to those adjacent hexes. I believe the engineer must be in good order also to do this, but am not positive.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-05-2010, 07:10 AM,
Thanks Rick, I'll delve into the manual, see if that gives more info.
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM,
It's in the section on Supply:

Engineer Ferry Operations
When an engineer capable of ferrying units across a river exists, then supply can be traced across a river one hex if necessary to supply units that would otherwise be Isolated on the other side. The supply resulting from this only extends a distance of one hex from the engineer unit across the river hexside.
Send this user an email
07-05-2010, 06:37 PM,
Thanks Glenn !

So I presume that, if my troops have ferried across the river and advanced, they should try and take a position that has a bridge crossing in order to be in supply?
07-05-2010, 11:09 PM,
Yes, or protect a location for a bridging engineer to build a bridge - that would be an engineer that shows Bridge on its properties when you right click and hold on the engineer.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-06-2010, 01:16 AM,
Thanks guys! Yeah I get that now, thanks for the help!