• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Windows 7 screen resolution, scrolling
07-03-2010, 04:39 AM,
Windows 7 screen resolution, scrolling
Got a new machine with Windows 7. Got PzCampaigns working on it, but two remaining issues:

1) When I scroll the map/counters get messed up but correct once I click on the map. Anyone else run into this?

2) Game runs on higher resolution but now the counter and hex size is too small -- what resolution do you run your PzC titles on?
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2010, 05:29 AM,
RE: Windows 7 screen resolution, scrolling
(07-03-2010, 04:39 AM)Vaevictis Wrote: Got a new machine with Windows 7. Got PzCampaigns working on it, but two remaining issues:

1) When I scroll the map/counters get messed up but correct once I click on the map. Anyone else run into this?

2) Game runs on higher resolution but now the counter and hex size is too small -- what resolution do you run your PzC titles on?
1. Go to http://www.hpssims.com/vistahelp.htm where there is the fix details posted for this problem. But basically it is an easy setting in the menu to fix it. It is at the very bottom as a scrolling issue on all JT games - it is actually a DirectX 10 issue.

2. I run mine normally at the monitor default, and that usually works fine for me - on a 23 inch widescreen now without problems.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-03-2010, 05:43 AM,
I had the same problem with Win 7 Pro on one game, Kursk, and using the 'alternate scrolling' setting fixed it.

I run all my HPS games at 1024 x 600 -- that's on a laptop with a 15.1" screen -- and use the laptop's default 1368 x 768 for non-gaming stuff.
07-03-2010, 07:44 AM,
Thanks, alternate scrolling works like a charm.
07-03-2010, 06:00 PM,
(07-03-2010, 07:44 AM)Vaevictis Wrote: Thanks, alternate scrolling works like a charm.

Where is alt scrolling located??

Also, have you tried to run it with administrator privileges? it improves the performance greatly.
07-04-2010, 01:51 AM,
Alternative Scrolling is in the settings menu, second from the right on the menu bar. Can't comment on the administrator issue, as I've never run the games any other way.
06-10-2011, 09:05 AM,
Gentlemen,

I seem to have the same problem as the original poster of the thread. Now obviously I've read this thread, I've been over to HPS site looking at the help regarding this issue there and I still cannot get it resolved. I can only surmise I must be doing something wrong.

My computer is only about 3 weeks old and I cannot get any of the PCs games to work without this issue. And it is bad enough that I would not be able to play a game. I'm a bit frustrated...I want to play, I've got 10 or so PC titles and was just getting started on the ladder.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for next? Is there anyone here who just could not find a solution to this problem or am I the only one?

Hoping for a miracle.
06-10-2011, 10:15 AM,
(06-10-2011, 09:05 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for next? Is there anyone here who just could not find a solution to this problem or am I the only one?

Hoping for a miracle.

Email the support email address on the site - the guy knows his stuff

Tell him what you have tried so far too so as to save time.

Glenn

Send this user an email
06-10-2011, 08:42 PM,
I think playing in 16 bit colour instead of 32 bit helps. But if you have 64 bit colour I don't know if there's a fix for that.
You can change the bit colour by right clicking the desktop then click on personalise. Click on adjust resolution and then advanced settings this gives you a drop down menu to adjust the bit settings.
I hope this is of some help.
cheers Gordon
06-11-2011, 01:39 AM,
I will take a look into both suggestions. Thank you gentlemen.