• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

88th Div. d' inf Territoriale
06-27-2010, 01:56 PM,
88th Div. d' inf Territoriale
What is the command structure for this outfit? I've found the HQ Groupe d'Amade in Arras. Are they directly under Joffre? How do I get the 88th Div. into command? jonny:conf:
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2010, 03:43 AM,
RE: 88th Div. d' inf Territoriale
The 88e DIT is under Amade. Amade is a corps equivalent formation so all his units are out of range at start. The best thing to do as soon as possible is to bring the DITs in the group back to Amade's HQ in Arras since he is not released for several days.

The good thing is, everything is designed to where the DITs should fall back as soon as possible to Amade, and Amade should fall back to gradually towards the south as was historical until his group left the map area.
Send this user an email
06-28-2010, 04:26 AM,
"The 88e DIT is under Amade. Amade is a corps equivalent formation so all his units are out of range at start. The best thing to do as soon as possible is to bring the DITs in the group back to Amade's HQ in Arras since he is not released for several days."

Thanks. The reason I'm asking is that Amade is listed as being under Reserve Territoriale and I can't find that HQ on the board nor among the reinforcements. Also interestingly enough, the 88th does not appear to be listed in the printable 1914 oob.

"The good thing is, everything is designed to where the DITs should fall back as soon as possible to Amade, and Amade should fall back to gradually towards the south as was historical until his group left the map area."

Well, the problem is the 88th needs to be sent immediately to Tournai where it will likely be vernichtet, sorry to say. I'm in the middle of day 1 and von Kluck might be headed that way. Fortunately though, Armade is not fixed and I can load him up on a train and send him to the front. I guess you wanted to fix him but forgot, thank goodness! Big Grin jonny
06-28-2010, 06:46 AM,
"Also interestingly enough, the 88th does not appear to be listed in the printable 1914 oob."

I have discovered the 88th DIT in the body of the text, just not in the index/contents. jonny
06-28-2010, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2010, 07:41 AM by Volcano Man.)
Ah you are right, Amade is not fixed (and shouldn't be). That is just my bad memory in action. The 88e DIT can / should / did race up to Tournai on the first day of this campaign, and Amade should follow behind to establish command of the vital area where he is needed.

But to answer your original question, yes, Groupe d'Amade is directly under Joffre. My faulty memory aside (keep in mind I am working on other "stuff" so I have a lot of "things" in my head LOL), the point is Amade himself should move up to the vital area and establish command, then he should gradually pull back south to get in command of Joffre if possible. It wouldn't be quite fair to allow the Groupe d'Amade to operate in the far nether regions on the flank without some sort of penalty (detached from Joffre).

The 88e DIT isn't in the OOB document contents because (I am guessing) Groupe d'Amade is in the contents. Basically, I could only put so many sub branches in the table of contents so it falls under its parent organization in those contents.
Send this user an email
06-29-2010, 06:40 AM,
"The 88e DIT isn't in the OOB document contents because (I am guessing) Groupe d'Amade is in the contents."

Yes that's right. Thanks for helping me out with the command structure. jonny:rolleyes: