• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Withdraw of unit not present?
06-19-2010, 03:09 AM,
Withdraw of unit not present?
I am playing F14 scenario 0822_02S Lanrezac the Defiant as the Germans. I received a withdraw notice for Hohere Kav Kommand 1 but it is not in play as far as I can tell.
Is this a mistake or am I blind as a bat?
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2010, 04:08 AM,
RE: Withdraw of unit not present?
Hmm, it looks like they were included in the scenario at one point and there was a withdrawal for them, but then they were removed later because they just sit in the rear FIXED anyway.

So yes, you are right, the withdrawal isn't necessary, since the unit is not present, but it won't hurt anything either. I will remove that misleading withdrawal in an update. Thanks.
Send this user an email
06-19-2010, 04:19 AM,
On other thing I observed. I tried to use the Search function to find the unit. I only typed in the letter H because I couldn't type the umlaat (?).
The search list included HQ units from both sides and included units that were not in the scenario.
I don't use the Search function much but IIRC in PzC it only showed me my units not both sides and only units present in the scenario.
06-19-2010, 04:54 AM,
Well, I could be mistaken, but I think the search feature just matches your text with any unit in the OOB. However, if you select a unit that belongs to the opposite side (and you have FOW on) then it will give you an error saying that the unit could not be located with FOW on.

This seems to be how it works in the most recent PzCs that I can remember, so it probably works the same in FWWC (and MC).
Send this user an email
06-19-2010, 06:50 AM,
(06-19-2010, 04:54 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Well, I could be mistaken, but I think the search feature just matches your text with any unit in the OOB. However, if you select a unit that belongs to the opposite side (and you have FOW on) then it will give you an error saying that the unit could not be located with FOW on.

This seems to be how it works in the most recent PzCs that I can remember, so it probably works the same in FWWC (and MC).

You may be correct. I hardly ever use the function.
06-19-2010, 07:00 AM,
Yes - the FIND UNIT Function in PzC searches for ANY unit in the OOB with the text string requested - no just units in the OOB that are used in that scn.
Send this user an email