• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Additional NW Europe PzC Titles?
06-13-2010, 03:41 PM,
Additional NW Europe PzC Titles?
Just curious if HPS has any consideration for other titles in the PzC series for NW Europe. Specifically interested in Lorraine and Nordwind campaigns. If not is there any consideration to a map expansion for say France '40 or Bulge '44 that would allow for developing scenarios for those?

Yes I have to admit to trying a shot at using France '14 LOL no luck
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2010, 05:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2010, 05:24 PM by Aaron.)
RE: Additional NW Europe PzC Titles?
(06-13-2010, 03:41 PM)sburke Wrote: Just curious if HPS has any consideration for other titles in the PzC series for NW Europe. Specifically interested in Lorraine and Nordwind campaigns. If not is there any consideration to a map expansion for say France '40 or Bulge '44 that would allow for developing scenarios for those?

Yes I have to admit to trying a shot at using France '14 LOL no luck

HPS does not release that kind of info, what comes out and when is anybodys guess. These games are made in peoples basements when they have time so when its finished is when its done, no release dates and no info on whats in development.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
06-15-2010, 05:14 AM,
according to their moms, they are down in the basement smoking those funny cigarettes again and listening to that weird music. Oh wait sorry that was me on a flashback.

Yeah I didn't think I would get a response on the lines of "Yeah Lorraine '44 is coming out tomorrow" or that there was a map expansion ready. I have seen enough of the other threads regarding no comment on future releases. Was just hoping to perk up interest. Normandy, Market Garden and the Bulge seem to be the "end all be all" of gaming WW 2 in NW Europe. Would love to see something come along to actually play out the varying issues both sides faced in the fall/winter of 1944.

Appreciate the response regardless. Am heading back down into my basement now. Damn I don't have a basement.
06-15-2010, 11:08 AM,
Quote:Normandy, Market Garden and the Bulge seem to be the "end all be all" of gaming WW 2 in NW Europe. Would love to see something come along to actually play out the varying issues both sides faced in the fall/winter of 1944.

You might be interested to know that at TC3, both pre & post-Bulge action was brought up as possible ideas for new titles. Of course, this goes along with the usual caveat that just because it was mentioned doesn't mean that it will become a title. But...the suggestion was put out there.

BTW, for an excellent account of what it was like for the German Army during the fall/winter of 1944 I would suggest "Victory Was Beyond Their Grasp" by Douglas Nash.
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM,
(06-15-2010, 11:08 AM)Al Wrote: BTW, for an excellent account of what it was like for the German Army during the fall/winter of 1944 I would suggest "Victory Was Beyond Their Grasp" by Douglas Nash.

A great book, for all Bulge '44 scenario designers who have the 272 VG attacking Monschau...LoL
06-15-2010, 04:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2010, 04:41 PM by P.Ako.)
I also agree that at least two more titles in the NW europe teather should be made like the aforementioned operation nordwind, the invasion of Germany (op lumberjack), Hürtgen forest, Operation switchback (this one would be interesting, IMO, check this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...nfront.gif)

In the mediterranean front, i think that a title covering the operation torch and the liberation of Tunisia would be ok and also maybe a title for the op grapeshot.

In the eastern front... many of them, ranging from the invasion of crimea, to berlin going through many battles in Poland, Yugoslavia.. and so on...
06-16-2010, 01:15 AM,
Would Operation Plunder/Varsity or the battles of the English and Canadians along the Scheldt be of interest?