• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 14
06-08-2010, 03:04 AM,
France 14
I just loaded the game and had a quick look..... Very nice indeed. I checked out some arty fire and man is it devastating I got anywhere from 30 to 52 kills on five different targets. Jisons graphics are awsome as usual and I will get around to installing the rest later. I see reading the manual will take some time :rolleyes: This is going to be a good game.cheers
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2010, 04:25 AM,
RE: France 14
I spent quite a bit of time working on the rules manual to try to make sure all the new features were covered, i hope that i didn't miss anything! Big Grin

Have you looked at the notes yet, they are amazing!!! :)
06-10-2010, 12:53 AM,
I like the game as well, I have found to my cost mg fire hurts alot!! lol
I like the plotted fire idea, perhaps that could be brought into the other hps games
06-10-2010, 06:47 AM,
I think the one turn delay in the arty fire arriving is to represent the inefficiency of target spotting in the early days of WW1 with little or no radios and runners being used.

Of course by WW2 radio's were much more prevalent and reliable and information could be sent much quicker so i don't think this rule would be applied.

Of course the effect of the rule is that you can now shell your own men if you get things wrong! :eek1:
06-10-2010, 07:26 AM,
Maybe preplotted in WW2 increases efficiency of bombardment, with increased chance of going LOW AMMO after.... Box. Pandora. Out.
06-10-2010, 03:17 PM,
I must say that the oob represents the best, historically accurate oob I have ever seen in an initial game release. Ed and the team did alot of researth.

I must wonder why the 45e Division (Afrique) is fixed, not to be releeased unless spotted, in the early campaign game, when they took part in the Battle of the Ourqe, north of Paris, sep 5-8 (accurately represented there in the scenario as Fixed).
06-10-2010, 04:17 PM,
(06-10-2010, 03:17 PM)FM WarB Wrote: I must wonder why the 45e Division (Afrique) is fixed, not to be releeased unless spotted, in the early campaign game, when they took part in the Battle of the Ourqe, north of Paris, sep 5-8 (accurately represented there in the scenario as Fixed).

My French sources said they were part of the Paris covering force under Gallieni until the date you say. In the campaign they are released on the 5th to fight at the Marne about that time. If they were released any earlier then the Allies would do something gamey with them I think.

Their release on that day (which is likely to occur by the end of the 5th) allows them to get into the fight in the nick of historical time on the 6th, rather than allowing the Allied player to move them around the west flank in a sweeping movement like we know the French will want to do. ;)
Send this user an email
06-10-2010, 10:13 PM,
I must say the game notes supplied are some of the most detailed I've ever seen. They are FANTASTIC. Great job!
06-10-2010, 11:37 PM,
Oops; misread the release dialog. Sorry about that.
06-11-2010, 01:00 AM,
(06-10-2010, 03:17 PM)FM WarB Wrote: I must say that the oob represents the best, historically accurate oob I have ever seen in an initial game release. Ed and the team did alot of researth.
I believe I am correct in saying that all the research was done by Ed and so he deserves all the praise for the OOB.