• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To Jason about Bite The Bullet Tournament
05-10-2010, 02:05 PM,
To Jason about Bite The Bullet Tournament
Big Grin Ok I have started the 1st turn as Germans many times over after I first encountered this problem.There are 2 StuGIIIB in hex 23,29 and 1 in 24,29.These units are trapped on a trail inside of a treeline and cannot join the battle..Seems to me the terrain was overlooked here and should be modified to let the units move.Or? Cheers Bruce
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2010, 02:40 PM,
RE: To Jason about Bite The Bullet Tournament
(05-10-2010, 02:05 PM)Pointman Wrote: Big Grin Ok I have started the 1st turn as Germans many times over after I first encountered this problem.There are 2 StuGIIIB in hex 23,29 and 1 in 24,29.These units are trapped on a trail inside of a treeline and cannot join the battle..Seems to me the terrain was overlooked here and should be modified to let the units move.Or? Cheers Bruce

OK. Which game? Which scenario?

Thanks
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-10-2010, 06:56 PM,
The scn is Nekrasino.scn (EF). I can't find anything wrong though. The StuGs in my game against Chuck joined the battle right away.

Huib
05-10-2010, 07:54 PM,
(05-10-2010, 02:05 PM)Pointman Wrote: Big Grin Ok I have started the 1st turn as Germans many times over after I first encountered this problem.There are 2 StuGIIIB in hex 23,29 and 1 in 24,29.These units are trapped on a trail inside of a treeline and cannot join the battle..Seems to me the terrain was overlooked here and should be modified to let the units move.Or? Cheers Bruce

This is "A Knife to the Throat"? A classic old Talonsoft scenario. :chin:

The Stugs are not "trapped". If you highlight reachable hexes you can easily see how far they can move? Granted they will not be able to move and fire if you want them to get closer to battle.
I do not think this scenario needs any modification.

What exactly did you expect?

cheers

HSL
05-11-2010, 04:53 AM,
(05-10-2010, 06:56 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: The scn is Nekrasino.scn (EF). I can't find anything wrong though. The StuGs in my game against Chuck joined the battle right away.

Huib

Yes everything works fine at the beginning not sure what he's expirencing wrong. Mine also were fine and able to move right away.

Chuck
05-11-2010, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM by Pointman.)
Hi guys sorry forgot to list scenario.It is Knife To The Throat.If everyone else can move theres it must be clich in my scenario. Steffen on his axis turn says his StuG's move fine also. I have just recieved my next turn so I will check again before I send to Jason for review.

Bruce.
Hello Jason file is on its way.Same deal as before.

Thanks Bruce.
05-11-2010, 07:24 PM,
(05-11-2010, 05:57 AM)Pointman Wrote: If everyone else can move theres it must be clich in my scenario. Steffen on his axis turn says his StuG's move fine also. I have just recieved my next turn so I will check again before I send to Jason for review.

Bruce,

Do you click "save AP's for fire" before you try to move the Stugs? As you know the assault guns need half their APs for fire and the scenario is in the snow. There is not an opportunity to move and fire.
As I said, I have played that scenario many times. I played out the scenario to see if I could repeat your problem. I never had the problem you claim to experience unless I saved APs for firing.

BTW, I have a second concern, that was written in your first post. You wrote "I have started the 1st turn as Germans many times over after I first encountered this problem." Did you do this after you asked Otlig about the problem? :chin:

Let us know what Jason discovers?

cheers

HSL
05-12-2010, 12:18 AM,
(05-11-2010, 07:24 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Let us know what Jason discovers?

No issue was found.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-12-2010, 02:36 AM,
(05-12-2010, 12:18 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(05-11-2010, 07:24 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Let us know what Jason discovers?

No issue was found.

Jason Petho

Thanks Jason. I think he may just have set "save aps for firing" and could not move after? :chin:

cheers

HSL
05-12-2010, 02:48 AM,
(05-12-2010, 02:36 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Thanks Jason. I think he may just have set "save aps for firing" and could not move after? :chin:

Yes, more than likely.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email