• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unique engineers
04-30-2010, 01:47 AM,
c_Question Mark  Unique engineers
I realize that their are engineering units with unique capabilities.

My questions:

Can a "vehicle bridge" building unit build a bridge across a river that requires two-spans?

Does it require a special type of engineering unit to clear wrecks and if so, is there some kind of icon when highlighting the unit that shows this capability?

Thank you,

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM,
RE: Unique engineers
Good question Pat.The only thing Ive been able to do with engineers so far is clear mine fields.Im quessing the scenarios Ive played dont have the right engineers for destroying bridges especially a double span.Would love to hear an explanation on this question.Best Regards, Bruce.
04-30-2010, 07:47 PM,
As I understand it, engineers can only operate (blow or build) on the narrow hexside features, not the full hex, or greater, river or bridge. A way to simulate destruction or rebuilding of a full hex span can be built into scen design.
05-01-2010, 05:45 AM,
I believe you are right-on Rod.

I am trying to discover how one identifies a unit that can clear wreakage; any ideas there?

My best,

Pat

05-01-2010, 06:20 AM,
there are various 'types' of engineers that can build bridges, lay minefields andclear wreckage. True, bridges can only be built/blown on hexside rivers, not whole
hex- width rivers. Have a look at the unit viewer for what does what.
Oh, and any ordinary engineer unit can blow a hexside bridge.
Hope that helps
05-01-2010, 01:39 PM,
My question is in regard to units that can CLEAR WRECKS!!!!!

You have to cross a bridge and there are too many wrecks there for any unit to enter. What do you need to clear those wrecks? What would the "Unit Viewer" show in terms of that they can clear wrecks????????????????

If you have nothing that can clear them, then it's time to move to a different location.

Pat

05-01-2010, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2010, 05:07 PM by Pointman.)
Ok so to destroy, build or clear bridges you have to be on the bank connecting to the side of a double bridge with the right engineer or vehicle correct?I have also noticed that removing wrecks is limited to just a few units.Like the German Werksattzugg platoon and workshop.I would think a prime mover could be used,but the unit viewer describes there use as artillary towers.

Bruce
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM,
I think the engineers are named 'construction Engineers' That's why I said check the unit viewer, couldn't remember what they were called.

Pointman, - that is right except, only hexside bridges can be worked on. Double bridges can't be blown or built, probably can clear wrecks on them, I'm not sure.
05-01-2010, 06:13 PM,
I hate to be a little sarcastic, but if one clicks on the icon...called the "Campaign Series Game Menu".... we use to open our game, there is this fabulous feature called "Game Manual" set up to resemble something called a "book." At the back of the "book" is this amazing newly invented feature called an "index." It contains an "alphabetical list" of "topics", including "Construction Engineers" and "Wreck Removal." There is even a "Bootcamp...with trains."
Too easy!!! Whip
05-01-2010, 08:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2010, 08:58 PM by Otto von Blotto.)
Wreck Removal units are Recovery Platoon, Werkstat, Dozer, and Maintenance Platoon.

These are units that can remove 2 wrecks per turn. so if you have any of them you can clear the wreck blocked hex. To the best of my knowlage you can only tell them apart from the icon in the case of dozer and werkstat and the name as the foot platoons look very like other enginner units to my eyes.

Construction Engineers construct blocks etc and donot remove wrecks.