• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Extreme assault or not?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
66.67%
14 66.67%
NO
33.33%
7 33.33%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Extreme assault or not
04-11-2010, 11:06 PM,
Extreme assault or not
Gents,

After some time has passed what is your opinion should one use extreme assault or better be without? Plain opinions and no flames please.

Artur.
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2010, 11:23 PM,
RE: Extreme assault or not
How can there be no flames? Fiery
I hate extreme assault now almost as much as I did when it was first imposed onto the game.

Beyond that, I have no other comments. Though, I will play with it on if (and only if) the scenario was designed for it's use. Older scenarios should never be played with EA on, unless it is determined that it balances an older previously unbalanced scenario.
No one has done that study yet, but there are scenarios out there where EA actually helps to balance them? :chin:

I ask no one to accept or agree with me. It is my opinion and will be mine alone, even if no one else feels the same way. :smoke:

Flames for or against EA are fine. Just keep the flames to the post and not the poster? :whis:Whip

cheers

HSL
04-12-2010, 01:20 AM,
I'm all for EA. It makes things more realistic in my opinion than the old manner of units rolling over and kicking their' feet in the air with the old method of surround, disrupt, etc..
I also think it puts a stop to armour being able to take over a town using the old methods, without any infantry support, much more realistic.
04-12-2010, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010, 01:28 AM by Artur.)
(04-12-2010, 01:20 AM)glint Wrote: ...
I also think it puts a stop to armour being able to take over a town using the old methods, without any infantry support, much more realistic.

This makes a good reasonable point.

My not so much impression is that EA gets some weird results like a lone leader cannot be overrun etc. But that may just be me.

I would like to play a bit with JTCS and I believe it is good to know whether to play with or without it as it makes a totally different game.

Artur.
04-12-2010, 02:06 AM,
I think a third option needs to be added to the poll, A middle way is what I would go for and what I and a some others wanted at the time the new rules were released.

While I agree the old non EA rules were flawed I find the EA rules are flawed also and make the game too much of a slogging match that does suck some of the fun out of it, it also make a few old favorite and well balanced scn not worth playing now. I do tend by choice to play with them off, but don't mind if my opponent picks them.
04-12-2010, 02:09 AM,
I intended this for finding the better solution for the present situation. This is the reason for having only two options. To me also looks like a milder EA would be ideal too. For now I need to know whether I should play with the option on or off...

Artur.
04-12-2010, 02:39 AM,
I think a couple of flaws, especially empty trucks withstanding assaults, are to be addressed in the next patch?
With all the new units now available in the latest patch, I prefer designing scenarios myself, rather than the stock scenarios. Whole new ideas for battles can be created now, kinda like a new 'chapter' of scenarios to play?
04-12-2010, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010, 03:02 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
(04-12-2010, 02:09 AM)Artur Wrote: I intended this for finding the better solution for the present situation. This is the reason for having only two options. To me also looks like a milder EA would be ideal too. For now I need to know whether I should play with the option on or off...

Artur.

Without trying to be flippant, but it depends on the scn and opponent as it stands at the moment if your attacking go for them off, defending on :eek1: I'm not saying this is how it should be or how I play but you have the option to try out both and see what you feel most comfatable with, the good thing is you will find opponents who will play one or the other or both, it might even be worth setting up a mirror game. One set of rule in one the other in another and see what the out come is :conf:.

Having new units or scn are not dependend on the EA rules, it's not a question of baby or bathwater.?
04-12-2010, 03:11 AM,
Having new units or scn are not dependend on the EA rules, it's not a question of baby or bathwater.?
[/quote]

I don't think I'm saying that Otto?
The comment was made about old scenarios becoming unbalanced, if EA is used.
I was saying that, with the new units available, I prefer newly designed scenarios where EA can become a workable feature in them.
04-12-2010, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010, 03:22 AM by Crossroads.)
(04-11-2010, 11:06 PM)Artur Wrote: Gents,

After some time has passed what is your opinion should one use extreme assault or better be without? Plain opinions and no flames please.

Artur.

I like to play without EA - great fun! :kill:

I like to play with EA - tough nuts to crack! Whip

Two games in one, the current JTCS!

It could be made a tad easier though, the EA, couldn't it?

I did not vote... :smoke:

EDIT: Decided to have an opinion of my own :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com