• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

IronX's World at War Released
03-23-2010, 11:07 PM,
IronX's World at War Released
Looks like another nice bit of work from IronX. Check it out here.

The World at War mod is now available. Covering almost 30 years of modern combat, this mod recreates some of the most well-known, and some of the more obscure, conflicts that have taken place around the globe. The mod includes all new graphics, sounds and 21 historical scenarios covering missions during the invasion of Grenada, the Iran-Iraq War, the 1991 Gulf War, as well as the conflicts in Chechnya, Sierra Leone and South Ossetia, amongst others.

The World at War mod is designed to work exclusively with HPS Simulations Squad Battles Pacific War game (Version 1.03).
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2010, 03:07 AM,
RE: IronX's World at War Released
Fantastic news! Wish I did not have to go out tonight, can't wait to check this out and fight in Chechnya etc. Great work IronX.
03-24-2010, 03:22 AM,
Would this mod be a good or a bad place for someone who's looking to get into SQB to start?

I dont wanna put myself off playing by dropping myself into a 'hardcore' mod but the modern setting is interesting to me. lol
03-24-2010, 04:57 AM,
The graphics are great, as usual. I like the varied selection of scenarios, this one will be a lot of fun. cheers

It will be interesting to see how giving infantry 32 movement points will play out, I think it's a good idea in a modern setting.

(03-24-2010, 03:22 AM)Fubar Wrote: Would this mod be a good or a bad place for someone who's looking to get into SQB to start?

I dont wanna put myself off playing by dropping myself into a 'hardcore' mod but the modern setting is interesting to me. lol
It's no more hardcore than any other title, so don't let that put you off. You do need Pacific War to play it though. Pacific War is a worthwhile purchase since it allows you to play the Africa at War mod as well, which is another modern (1960s on) setting. If you're just starting your SB collection, Soviet-Afghan War is a good value as well, since it lets you play the Arab-Israeli Wars and The Long War mods, also by IronX and lots of fun.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

03-24-2010, 05:23 AM,
(03-24-2010, 04:57 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: The graphics are great, as usual. I like the varied selection of scenarios, this one will be a lot of fun. cheers

It will be interesting to see how giving infantry 32 movement points will play out, I think it's a good idea in a modern setting.

I guess I didn't notice this. I think it would be more applicable to give elite units more movement points, and it has been something thrown about in conversations in the past, although you could argue that they are also carrying a lot more gear than most soldiers do, weighing them down.

Should be interesting. I'll try to get this onto the ladder ASAP, but it's not under my control right now.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
03-27-2010, 05:26 AM,
Scenarios should be in the database within a few days. Not too many, thankfully... ;)

Anyone who has entered them in the database knows what I mean. Lots of clicking....

03-28-2010, 06:48 AM,
Everything is in the database, so start reporting. :)

03-30-2010, 11:47 PM,
Installed the mod but when trying to fire it up (both via the desktop shortcut and the .exe in the game folder) it is giving me an error that it can't find Pacific War .exe file....ie....cannot find specified path.

I am going to download the mod again to make sure I have a good copy. My Pac War is ver 1.03 as it should be.

Any other ideas? I am really anxioius to play a couple vs the AI to check out the mechanics and the game iteself. Looks nice.
03-31-2010, 05:10 AM,
Copy the pw.exe file, all the .dll files, and all the manifest files from your PW folder into your WaW folder, that worked for me.

03-31-2010, 10:51 AM,
I'll give 'er a go when I get off work...which is in a mere 7 minutes. I hate this 1300-2100 shift.

Thanks.