• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod
03-23-2010, 05:52 AM,
MapMod
Achtung achtung!

I was fiddling around in Paint Shop Pro as usual ( I guess it's that 'zen thing' Volcano mentioned in another thread. ) and before I knew it I had an update ready for MapMod for PzC. You can find it at my site. I have also finished the mod for Sealion '40, so check it out! :cheeky:

Jison
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2010, 06:07 AM,
RE: MapMod
(03-23-2010, 05:52 AM)Jison Wrote: Achtung achtung!

I was fiddling around in Paint Shop Pro as usual ( I guess it's that 'zen thing' Volcano mentioned in another thread. ) and before I knew it I had an update ready for MapMod for PzC. You can find it at my site. I have also finished the mod for Sealion '40, so check it out! :cheeky:

Jison

I couldn't wait and used the MapMod for France '40. How much difference is there between them?
03-23-2010, 10:43 AM,
(03-23-2010, 05:52 AM)Jison Wrote: Achtung achtung!

Jison

I've been sending zen meditations your way, and all types of other mojo.

Thank you again for your work, this makes my Sealion game complete.
03-23-2010, 07:26 PM,
Looks good! I like the subtle change in color.
Send this user an email
03-23-2010, 08:14 PM,
(03-23-2010, 06:07 AM)Liebchen Wrote: I couldn't wait and used the MapMod for France '40. How much difference is there between them?

The difference is that the mod has an entirely new ground texture now, which gives the map a little more life and variation. Nothing major - just another little step in the evolution. :)

Jison

[Image: sample_old-vs-new.png]
Send this user an email
03-24-2010, 12:13 AM,
Nice work as usual
Send this user an email
03-24-2010, 03:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2010, 03:10 AM by Liebchen.)
Jison, could you tell us why you went back to counters for the IPs, etc.? I was quite used to the emblems that you had designed earlier. Was this due to requests, or was it your own choice. Are they still available?

(By the way, I want to compliment you on the speed of your update!)
03-24-2010, 03:28 AM,
Super work, the texture is a real improvement. I use the alternate dots for IPs etc. presume these will still work with this mod.
03-24-2010, 04:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-24-2010, 04:14 AM by Jison.)
(03-24-2010, 03:02 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Jison, could you tell us why you went back to counters for the IPs, etc.? I was quite used to the emblems that you had designed earlier. Was this due to requests, or was it your own choice. Are they still available?

(By the way, I want to compliment you on the speed of your update!)

Fear not - the map symbols ( as I call them for lack of a better word ) are still available. I am fond of these little buggers too. :rolleyes:

[Image: mapsymbols_10.png]

They are live and well and can be found half way down on MapMod's download page. These symbols were default in the mod at first, and the counters was available as an optional download. Later I switched the two - the symbols became the optional download instead. The reason for the switch was that most users prefered the counters, maybe as many as 70-80%, so the switch was made to save the majority from the hassle of having to download and install additional files.

(03-24-2010, 03:28 AM)Ivan Wrote: Super work, the texture is a real improvement. I use the alternate dots for IPs etc. presume these will still work with this mod.

They work. :)

Jison
Send this user an email
03-24-2010, 04:42 AM,
I like the dots. Only comment on them is that the shades of green and blue sometimes are hard to distinguish, requiring the "specials on top" view on occasion. Would it make sense to have the scheme be

1 green dot
2 green dots
1 blue dot
2 blue dots

and differentiate the colors more strongly?