• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Terrific Updates....
03-16-2010, 10:42 PM,
Terrific Updates....
I've had a chance now to work with the latest AW updates and I'm really impressed. There are a number of improvements that really leaped out -- like limiting Uncontrolled Movement. Previously, it had been difficult to maintain tactical coherence even with veteran troops and especially in the later moves of a scenario. It's easier now and I think exactly the right balance has been found. There has been a big change in the movement of Leaders too and it has eliminated a major issue. I"m happy too that archers have been tweaked. :happy:

It's not mentioned in the change log but it does seem to me that the Group Movement command has been smoothed out as well. It has more of a well-oiled feel to it now.

Nice work, Paul! cheers

Tim
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2010, 12:39 PM,
RE: Terrific Updates....
Hi Tim,

I'll second that. These patches contains significant upgrades and fixes. Several others worth mentioning are Calvary disengagements, new command and control for leaders affecting which units they can command and skirmishers evading. Many more in the change log on the HPS site.

And as you mentioned, fixing uncontrolled advances and leaders has removed the mob effect from the game.

Any players who were waiting for for this or that to get fixed will probably find it these updates. I would recommend to anyone who tried early versions to update and give the games another shot.

Job well done by Paul and his Cohorts!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM,
It is good to see a programmer stand behind his work, and Paul is committed to making these games the best they can be.

Cheers!
03-27-2010, 11:28 PM,
Hi folks.

I definetely agree, the last update is really impressive !

Cheers, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !