• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New PBEM WF Campaign
03-13-2010, 07:53 AM,
New PBEM WF Campaign
Generals,
I am offering to run a campaign based on the V Panzer Army in the Ardennes. I ran one in the old cs game and it plays quite well. I will accept the first two teams comprised of 3 players. A word to the wise campaigns are not for the timid nor for the instant gratification players. They require a long term commitment.

Those of you that have played before know the routine for those of you that haven't here are a few of the rules of engagement:
1. There are no replays. Each commander will be running a sector with large forces and will not have an all seeing eye of the battle.
2. Each sector will have a seperate scenario and it will be up to the sector commander to fill in his partners and CIC.
3. There will be a master OOB and the CIC will allot troops as they see fit. Once units are lost and or fought out they are gone for the campaign so go ahead and use the HTs for cannon fodder nothing beats walking to the fight in the snow.
4. For real time purposes a daylight turn is 24 mins and a night turn is 45 mins.....that's from my manual and is not subject to a debate here :-)

5. Supply,vis, etc will change according to conditions and time as the scenarios are played.

6. A victory level will be determined at the end of each day and can be reported for ladder purposes.

7. Campaign continues until someone surrenders which will be a major victory for the otherside in the current scenario.

First two teams (that means you have to form your own teams) will be accepted. If sides can't be agreed upon by the teams I will use a dice roll with winner given preference.

If no interest........well that's ok too :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2010, 09:05 AM,
RE: New PBEM WF Campaign
Earl - count me in on this!

I will take the Middle Campaign for the Germans!

Outstanding!!
03-13-2010, 10:13 AM,
I'm definitely interested. Will play either side.

Hopefully we can get some players willing to see this through and not flake out when things don't go their way.
03-13-2010, 11:44 AM,
ready
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM,
If you come up short a player I'll play with Tiger 88 on German side.

Chuck
03-14-2010, 01:52 AM,
I'd be willing to give it a go if ya'll don't mind a rookie. Only hitch I have is moving to another house in same town next weekend and waiting for the internet to be hooked up.

When is the planned start? I like the idea of drawing from an oob. I've mentioned something like that before for CS, SBS or even Sudden Strike where you command a div plus supporting troops assigned to you with a certain amount of points to select starting units and the only reinforcements you have to draw on would be platoon/companies/battalions from you div, for example 1 Pz Div, to use. If nothing else, I would at least like to be able to follow this battle as a very interested observer if I am considered too much of a rookie to participate. If allowed, I will play either side.
03-14-2010, 02:47 AM,
Gents: :smoke:

Scott extended an invite to me to join him and Ed... I accepted! Big Grin

So... I believe one team's ranks are now full? :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-14-2010, 05:27 AM,
Thanks for the post.

There will be bonus points available for all participants in this proposed campaign.

Enjoy & take part !:)
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
03-14-2010, 07:19 AM,
Two teams have entered.....thanks
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM,
I won't know what to do with myself without T-34s!!!

LR (a.k.a. Tridsatchedverka)
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.