• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A pair of doubts
03-03-2010, 07:03 AM,
A pair of doubts
First one: Is it possible to somehow mod the AI of the game?

Second one: Is it possible naval combat within this engine?
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2010, 07:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2010, 07:17 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: A pair of doubts
In regards to the first, the only thing you can do for the AI is just give them orders -- you can't really do anything beyond this.

In regards to the second, well, that depends. You can surely have situations where naval units can fire on each other, but since they act like artillery units then they would essentially be artillery units firing at each other either indirectly (beyond visibility range) or directly (within LOS). So, it might not be "realistic" is so much of what naval requirements would need, but I think it will work as long as the attack and defense ratings are reasonable.
Send this user an email
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM,
(03-03-2010, 07:17 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: In regards to the first, the only thing you can do for the AI is just give them orders -- you can't really do anything beyond this.

In regards to the second, well, that depends. You can surely have situations where naval units can fire on each other, but since they act like artillery units then they would essentially be artillery units firing at each other either indirectly (beyond visibility range) or directly (within LOS). So, it might not be "realistic" is so much of what naval requirements would need, but I think it will work as long as the attack and defense ratings are reasonable.

Really? can't the AI be moded to make it to blow bridges more oftenly (and inteligently)? :(

And about the naval combat.. yes i suppose that it is like you said, but it would count as points because there's a gap for "naval losses" in the victory panel.
03-03-2010, 07:25 AM,
Yes - you can assign the AI bridge orders to build, dismantle or blow bridges, but you feature is hidden under the A/I menu in the scn editor.
Send this user an email