• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

windows7
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: windows7
(03-04-2010, 02:29 PM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(03-04-2010, 12:29 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote: Just checked fellas, scrolling is fine. No probs at all. :chin:

Guess I got lucky. Big Grin

That's encouraging.

Now we just need to figure out what the difference in set up is between your machine/setup and Crossroads machine/setup.

Any ideas?

Jason Petho

This is an interesting glitch anyhow, isn't it? I mean, the very same map does not work on one of the apps while it works on all others...

I have installed on a standard location ( C:\\Matric Games\...) to avoid the authorisation issues with users, I have a standard HP desktop.

I don't know where to start either? Any thoughts?

On a second thought, I believe I've only tried this with the EF Map Editor. I will check the Map Editors on all games and report the results. cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010, 04:22 AM by Crossroads.)
Yes, the problem persists in all three games, scrolling the map results in a distorted view of the map. You might want to go up and down a couple of times to see the effect...

2D:
[Image: map2d.jpg]

3D:
[Image: map3d.jpg]

My setup:
HP P6220SC
AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor
4GT RAM
ATI Radeon Graphics processor 2815Mt memory

Install: C:\Matrix Games

Hope this helps...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-05-2010, 04:46 AM,
(03-05-2010, 04:13 AM)Crossroads Wrote: My setup:
HP P6220SC
4GT RAM

Hope this helps...

Are there compatibility settings on the efmap.exe that you can choose?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
03-05-2010, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010, 05:25 AM by Crossroads.)
(03-05-2010, 04:46 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
HP P6220SC
4GT RAM

Hope this helps...

Jason Petho

I have a Finnish UI so I am not sure how these actually appear in your version, but right clicking the exe provides a menu option of "Compatibility problem solving" or something like that. I then chose to start the exe both as XP SP2 and XP SP3 version but there were problems:

When I tried to launch the efmap.exe it does not start properly, but displays a number of "Failure to create bitmap surface C:\Windows\system32\Icons2d.map" errors, where the name of the map file changes every time.

Before that, I got a Windows prompt warning for an external app trying to make changes.

Launching the exes in a normal manner has never prompted for these user account authorisation messages...

I skipped Vista altogether, XP did not have these at all, so I am pretty much at loss as what needs to be done regarding the authorisation issues.

But maybe you can see what's going on. Maybe we are into something here?

EDIT: XLVIII Pz. Korp, could you be kind to verify you indeed do not have any problems.

The scrolling glitch is not that evident everytime. But once you e.g. make the window a bit smaller and then scroll back and forth for a while, at least what I get is quite a mess...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-05-2010, 05:58 PM,
(03-05-2010, 05:12 AM)Crossroads Wrote:
(03-05-2010, 04:46 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
HP P6220SC
4GT RAM

Hope this helps...

Jason Petho

I have a Finnish UI so I am not sure how these actually appear in your version, but right clicking the exe provides a menu option of "Compatibility problem solving" or something like that. I then chose to start the exe both as XP SP2 and XP SP3 version but there were problems:

When I tried to launch the efmap.exe it does not start properly, but displays a number of "Failure to create bitmap surface C:\Windows\system32\Icons2d.map" errors, where the name of the map file changes every time.

Before that, I got a Windows prompt warning for an external app trying to make changes.

Launching the exes in a normal manner has never prompted for these user account authorisation messages...

I skipped Vista altogether, XP did not have these at all, so I am pretty much at loss as what needs to be done regarding the authorisation issues.

But maybe you can see what's going on. Maybe we are into something here?

EDIT: XLVIII Pz. Korp, could you be kind to verify you indeed do not have any problems.

Okay, just checked again. Scrolling all over any map I open. No probs.

Crossroads you may want to turn off your UAC controls to get rid of all the permission requests.

My system home built:

Intel I7 2.66g
Gigabyte MB
Video: Radeon 4870
6 gig of RAM
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM,
(03-05-2010, 05:58 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote: Okay, just checked again. Scrolling all over any map I open. No probs.

Crossroads you may want to turn off your UAC controls to get rid of all the permission requests.

My system home built:

Intel I7 2.66g
Gigabyte MB
6 gig of RAM

Thanks, there is definitively something in my setup, then...

I installed and run the game on my user account, additionally the PC has another user for my better half.

I do not get any permission requests when running the game as the default setup installed it. The requests only surfaced once I tried to run the exe in XP mode.

Have you done anything to game setup in addition to how it installs by default?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-05-2010, 11:33 PM,
Are those map corruptions permanent or do they go away if you switch map zooms?

FWIW, I see the type of corruptions Crossroads posted sometimes when playing on my Win XP laptop. So it might not be a Win7 or 64-bit OS problem (or dual/quad core or any of the other things my XP laptop doesn't have), although Win7 or 64-bit might make it happen more consistently. Usually seems to happen the most on scenarios with really large maps. Switching zoom level clears it right up on my XP machine.
03-06-2010, 01:39 AM,
Hi Mike,

The problem is permanent, and it does occur on all zoom levels. However, once I change the zoom level the new layout is always drawn perfectly, and only once I scroll around does the distortion effect take place.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-06-2010, 11:00 AM,
(03-05-2010, 08:39 PM)Crossroads Wrote:
(03-05-2010, 05:58 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote: Okay, just checked again. Scrolling all over any map I open. No probs.

My system home built:

Intel I7 2.66g
Gigabyte MB
6 gig of RAM

Thanks, there is definitively something in my setup, then...

I installed and run the game on my user account, additionally the PC has another user for my better half.

I do not get any permission requests when running the game as the default setup installed it. The requests only surfaced once I tried to run the exe in XP mode.

Have you done anything to game setup in addition to how it installs by default?

I did NOT install to the default directory. I have two hard drives so my game is installed to D:\Campaign Series Matrix CD don't know what to tell you besides that. My computer knowledge is just sufficient to know how to hurt myself if I get too brave. Perhaps some type of video card issue? I run an ATI 4870 w/ 1 gig of video memory. How much video RAM does you card have? Past that not too much I can think of as I said just enough knowledge to know how to hurt myself.

Ironic thing is I never use the map editor. :rolleyes:
03-06-2010, 05:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2010, 05:52 PM by Crossroads.)
(03-06-2010, 11:00 AM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote: I did NOT install to the default directory. I have two hard drives so my game is installed to D:\Campaign Series Matrix CD don't know what to tell you besides that. My computer knowledge is just sufficient to know how to hurt myself if I get too brave. Perhaps some type of video card issue? I run an ATI 4870 w/ 1 gig of video memory. How much video RAM does you card have? Past that not too much I can think of as I said just enough knowledge to know how to hurt myself.

Ironic thing is I never use the map editor. :rolleyes:

LOL, I belive you just described my computer skills there my friend Big Grin

I have one gig of video memory as well. In addition I have the very same digital download installed to my XP sp3 work laptop :whis: which works perfectly, map editor included.

I will resort to offering baccanal sacrifices to PC gods next. That will sort this out :bow:

Thanks for your help! cheers

EDIT: There's one difference in the setups then? You have the CD version, I have the digital download. It IS all Matrix' fault then, isn't it :cheeky:
Visit us at CSLegion.com