• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Missing Download
02-25-2010, 05:22 AM,
Missing Download
Hi chaps, I noticed that one of the scenarios I made for WF - Hell's Corner is no longer available for download. The other one I made - Cross of Lorraine is. Just wondered why this is?

Cheers, Chris
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2010, 07:22 AM,
RE: Missing Download
Hell's Corner: Vanguard? If that's the one I just played it. I really liked the changing day to night edits.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-25-2010, 08:39 AM,
Thanks Dave. I did release a version with a few starshells but I think you could only download that one from a thread. It would have been nice if the Matrix version had allowed for automatic visibility changes to save the need to edit - maybe in the next patch?

Nice to know it is still being played occasionally. Hopefully it will be available for download again from the CS site.

Cheers, Chris
02-25-2010, 10:56 AM,
It shows up for me, if that's the one you mean:
https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Camp...av_page=11

8th one down on my screen.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-25-2010, 11:23 AM,
Chris,

Upload that mother so we can download it !!!!!!!
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM,
(02-25-2010, 08:39 AM)Hobbes Wrote: It would have been nice if the Matrix version had allowed for automatic visibility changes to save the need to edit - maybe in the next patch?

Cheers, Chris

I think we got the VV instead. I would strongly urge a simple day/night and night/day transition which would add hugely to historical scensand allow continuous scens with realistic visiblity conditions over a number of days. Remember that the sun rises and sets at times which are very accurately predicted, and have been for centuries.
02-26-2010, 01:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2010, 01:21 AM by Scud.)
After all the heat the Matrix guys got for VV and EA I'm surprised they're even willing to do another patch, but I agree, I really liked the day to night thing after playing Chris's scenario. His work-around was altering the code in the .bte file before certain turns. The only criticism in his scenario is you have to throw out the 6-minute per turn concept. I found it fun planning artillery for daybreak and watching my opponent (my brother - ha!) forget the setting sun and having his now-blind plots fall on his own guys. Unfortunately Chris's workaround can't alter the graphics. Everything still looks like daytime, but the enemy doesn't show up beyond 1 hex.

Dave
Send this user an email
02-27-2010, 09:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM by Hobbes.)
Hmm. I had a feeling that there was a way of changing the scenario so that it actually looked like a night scenario (graphics wise) with a few starshells also added into the mix. I think this version was never uploaded.

The Matrix VV change almost seemed to be a misunderstanding of what scenario designers wanted. Don't get me started on the daft six minute turn thing :)
Cheers, Chris

P.S. the scenario is visible but there is no download option. It was available before the site change.
02-27-2010, 11:09 AM,
(02-27-2010, 09:29 AM)Hobbes Wrote: P.S. the scenario is visible but there is no download option. It was available before the site change.

Ohhhhhh. ~sigh. Don't mind me, it just takes awhile for stuff to sink in sometimes, being that I'm, well, stupid. I'll see what I can find out.

Dave
Send this user an email
02-27-2010, 11:52 PM,
Maybe the problem is that it is included in the Matrix release and they did not want multiple versions in the dBASE?

If you could rename it to Hell's Corner "v.2" and upload it so that it clearly would not conflict with the one that "came with the game"?
Then again it would also have to have a new scenario file name so that it would not overwrite the original?
Or, send it to Jason to include in the version 1.05 update.

Just throwing out some thoughts. :)

cheers

HSL